What's new

New Lisa's Natural Soap Base

I was part of the testing also, I think you guys will be very impressed. As mentioned earlier it will be a very noticable improvement over an already great soap. My personal favorite test base wasnt chosen but it's still going to be great stuff.

One new scent, the leather, is amazing. Thats saying something because I hate leather scents.

The email suggests she is going to different larger tubs too. I hope that is the case as her current tubs are too small and messy.

The new tubs are shown on the website. They are the wider mouth ones, I suspect the same ones used by Declaration Grooming.

I used Gentleman's Lavender today and got a fantastic shave. Along the lines of Wholly Kaw and Tallow and Steel, a firmly top tier soap.

I just ordered some. Shame they are already out of Doc Holiday and Florida Freeze. I picked up enough to try and will have to go back and get others if I like them.

IMG_20180820_154611348.jpg

Have any of you have tried the new elite soaps also used the original? I'm finding it hard to imagine how it could be significantly better.

I just ordered some. Shame they are already out of Doc Holiday and Florida Freeze. I picked up enough to try and will have to go back and get others if I like them.
Check eBay. Last I checked, she had everything except Florida Freeze available. Just know that you need to search for Artisan Shave Soap. No Lisa's. She left her name out of the listing for some reason.

Have any of you have tried the new elite soaps also used the original? I'm finding it hard to imagine how it could be significantly better.

I was thinking the same thing. My only gripe with the original is the small tubs, but the soap performance has been top notch. That said, all this talk about how great the new stuff is will probably convince me to buy a tub of the new Florida Freeze before my tub of orginal Florida Freeze runs out.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Just checked & ordered some Florida Freeze, which is back in stock on her website ... Doc Holiday’s still out of stock

I had my first shave with Doc Holiday this morning. 2 day beard with a new Astra blade, hard not to
really get a good shave. Not good at reviews but I find this soap lathers like L&L, Declaration Grooming,
and CRSW Glide. Not a problem as I face lather. I think that some of the newer concoctions and the ingredients
aren't meant to produce voluminous amounts of lather but to produce slickness, in which they are all successful.
Is this soap better than the others I mentioned ? I'll leave that up to others that give better reviews. Will I give up
my Long Rifle, WSP, Sudsey Soapery, CRSW Select, Mike's, etc? Nope, I enjoy them all and Lisa's Doc Holiday is another great addition to my rotation. On a side note, also received my Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars aftershave to match the tallow soap. What a fantastic scent------possibly the best scent in all of wet shaving.

Just checked & ordered some Florida Freeze, which is back in stock on her website ... Doc Holiday’s still out of stock

Thanks, I just ordered this afternoon, but I was just able to get a Florida Freeze. Must have restocked. Just still looking for a Doc Holiday. I checked eBay as well, but the scents are now sold out.

I shaved with the Irish Green Tweed last night. The stuff is fantastic . Her old herb infused and premiun bases were fantastic and this is a little bit better. The scent is a fresh, clean greenish scent. Kind of like Irish spring soap with a slight citrus note. For me, this is a top tier soap.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Shaved with Lisa's Smoked Tea today. Her soap has excellent, exquisite attributes, imho no detractors, no negatives. The base is superb, imho, a top drawer entry and is now in permanent rotation. Goodbye SMN forever?

I got my Smoked Black Tea and and a sample of Doc Holiday in the mail yesterday. I will try it later this week...but I am interested to hear what others have to say!

Shaved with Lisa's Smoked Tea today. Her soap has excellent, exquisite attributes, imho no detractors, no negatives. The base is superb, imho, a top drawer entry and is now in permanent rotation. Goodbye SMN forever?
Are you comparing the scent to SMN? Is it smoky? Any other comments on the scent? I like some recent tea scents like Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions and Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille, but I assume that this does not lean toward the sweet the way those do.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I tried NO Noir and Lisa's soap is much smokier and robust and if you can believe it, a much better performer imho.

Top Bottom