What's new

New Lisa's Natural Soap Base

Lisa has just released her soaps with the new formula! I was stoked to see that she has made kept all of my old favorites AND added a few new scents (including the Irish Green Tweed that I practically begged her to make). I ordered my tub of IGT, I'll report back once I receive and use it! Below is the announcement:

Release Date August 17, 2018

I am very excited and pleased to finally present my new shaving soap formulation. I spent more than six months researching and testing to bring it to you. This is the replacement for my premium shaving soap. My quest was to bring not just a better shaving soap to my customers, but offer an elite shaving soap. I am confident that my Artisan Shaving Soap is that.

What's different? You will find the lather to be dense and very stable, not airy or full of large bubbles. The slickness and residual slickness are leaps and bounds better than the "old premium" version. Post shave, well how about no aftershave moisturizers if you don't want because my artisan shaving soap will give you excellent moisturization post-shave.

This shaving soap is more of a thirsty type of soap, but don't start with a super wet brush. Shake off the water after you soak your brush and then start building the lather in the jar. Once you've acquired enough soap in your brush go straight to your face or build the lather in your bowl adding water. Once you're able to dial the lather in you will achieve a super slick shave and a super slick post-shave to clean up any areas that were missed in the previous passes.

Once again a tallow based soap, but this time featuring locally sourced sheep milk from Cedar Creek Sheep Dairy. I also chose cocoa butter, mango butter, lanolin, and meadowfoam oil, bentonite clay and organic herbal extracts to complete this luxury shaving soap. All the butters and oils used are non-GMO and my palm stearic acid is sustainably sourced. I do understand that this shaving soap is much more expensive than the previous premium shave soap, but I have spared no expense with many of it's ingredients and my recipe is very complicated.

4.5 oz jar (recyclable) Large shallow wide mouth jar with new updated waterproof labels.

Choose your scent from the drop list

Amber & Tobacco: Warm sensual oriental amber enriched with bergamot and citrus, velvety roses, lily of the valley, balsam, cedar, rosewood, and sandalwood mixed with Cuban tobacco, wine, spicy cinnamon, warm cloves, incense and earthy patchouli. (fragrance & essential oil blend)

Coconut Oud: Raw fresh coconut fused with cocoa bean, lemon leaf, citron, vanilla and hints of amber, oud wood, cedar, ambrette seed, green rosemary, baby orchid, gala apple, dark olibanum, black musk and earthy patchouli (fragrance oil blend)

Gentleman's Lavender: Lavender, clary sage, orange, patchouli, cedarwood and litsea cubeba. (essential oil blend)

Somali Rose: super subtle rose with soft chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. (fragrance oil blend)

Florida Freeze: ( Mentholated) blend of grapefruit, orange, lime, lemon and litsea cubeba (essential oil blend)

Smoked Black Tea: Bergamot, Sicilian lemon, orange, black tea leaves, star jasmine, white cedarwood, amber, black musk, ambrette seeds, dark olibanum, patchouli, benzoin, oud wood, cade.(fragrance & essential oil blend)

Haute Leather: Leather, amber, tobacco leaf, oriental spice, red cedar, patchouli, tonka bean, musk (fragrance oil blend)

Irish Green Tweed: Sicilian bergamot, lavender, cyclamen, lemon, verbena, white eucalyptus, fern, red geranium, iris, violet, cedarwood, labdanum, musk, olibanum, sandalwood, ambergris (fragrance oil)

Doc Holiday: Lime, tangerine, patchouli, vetiver, spiced mahogany, oud wood, cedarwood, benzoin (essential & fragrance oil blend)

more scents to come.

Ingredients: Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid (sustainably sourced), Sheep Milk (locally sourced), Aloe Juice, Beef Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Lanolin, Meadowfoam Oil, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Safflower Oil, Bentonite Clay, Sucrose Cocoate, Castor Oil, Sodium Lactate, Babassu Seed Oil, Ivy Extract, Orchid Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Allantoin, Beeswax, Organic Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Sea Buckthorn Extract, Silk Peptides

proxy.php

Last edited:
I am a big fan of her "original" hard soaps. Those are still available, and they are still a great value. I'll be interested to hear about this new "elite" base that replaces the "premium". I never tried the premium, but I understood it to be more of a croap, and I much prefer hard soaps.

I just ordered Doc Holiday . I'm not good at reviews but after my first shave with it I'll
post my experience. I have quite a few good soaps so performance is like splitting hairs.

This sounds like its worth a try. I bookmarked the website for later after i return from vacation.thanks!

I helped Lisa do the testing with this one, going through several iterations before stopping at the current formula. Several months of testing and tweaking the formula were needed to get it to this point. I've used this final version for three weeks straight and did several side by side comparisons with my absolute favorite soaps. It's on par with the very best soaps I've tried and I've tried just about everything out there.

I know that in the past Lisa's soaps have been more of a value option but this version is a tier 1 soap on the same level for me as Grooming Dept, Tallow & Steel, Wholly Kaw, Declaration Grooming, Sudsy Soapery and PannaCrema. Excellent slickness and outstanding post shave qualities.

Really, really excellent stuff, outstanding in fact, and I'm extremely particular when it comes to shaving soap. I'd recommend it without hesitation and I suspect that the reviews are going to be very, very positive.

The Haute Leather scent is really nice and it even got a "I really like that one" from the wife.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think once you give it a try.

I am a big fan of her "original" hard soaps. Those are still available, and they are still a great value. I'll be interested to hear about this new "elite" base that replaces the "premium". I never tried the premium, but I understood it to be more of a croap, and I much prefer hard soaps.

This one is a much harder soap than the previous premium version. More like something from Stirling in terms of consistency, maybe slightly wetter. A slight stickiness if you touch it but it's definitely a soap and not a croap.

I'd just leave the lid off overnight and it would harden up nicely after each shave. I prefer this over the croap style soaps as the soap appeared to be lasting a good long time.

I helped Lisa do the testing with this one, going through several iterations before stopping at the current formula. Several months of testing and tweaking the formula were needed to get it to this point. I've used this final version for three weeks straight and did several side by side comparisons with my absolute favorite soaps. It's on par with the very best soaps I've tried and I've tried just about everything out there.

I know that in the past Lisa's soaps have been more of a value option but this version is a tier 1 soap on the same level for me as Grooming Dept, Tallow & Steel, Wholly Kaw, Declaration Grooming, Sudsy Soapery and PannaCrema. Excellent slickness and outstanding post shave qualities.

Really, really excellent stuff, outstanding in fact, and I'm extremely particular when it comes to shaving soap. I'd recommend it without hesitation and I suspect that the reviews are going to be very, very positive.

The Haute Leather scent is really nice and it even got a "I really like that one" from the wife.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think once you give it a try.
This is great to hear! Lisa's premium line was already one of my favorites (great scents, VERY good performance), but to know that you consider it to be among the best performers out there is exciting. Thanks for the insight

Wow...I guess I should hurry up and finish off my old Florida Freeze (which I love) so I can try some of the new stuff.

Just based on the quality of the ingredients, her excellent track record for producing great soaps and other products, and her effort at developing this new soap base, this is going to be one great line of soaps. I am seeing the bottom of a tub of Somali Rose, so when I get through that...

In my opinion this is an extremely noticeable step up in performance from the older premium version. From what I've read on their site this version is going to be replacing the older Premium formula. So there will be an Artisan version (which is the new premium offering) and a less expensive value option as well.

This one is a much harder soap than the previous premium version. More like something from Stirling in terms of consistency, maybe slightly wetter. A slight stickiness if you touch it but it's definitely a soap and not a croap.

I'd just leave the lid off overnight and it would harden up nicely after each shave. I prefer this over the croap style soaps as the soap appeared to be lasting a good long time.

I agree with your thoughts on the consistency. I also participated in the testing and agree this is indeed a top tier product. It is expensive, but as you said, it appears to be long lasting. I know I was surprised by how long my test sample lasted. I really liked the old premium, but the new version is indeed an improvement. Its great to see an artisan work so hard to provide an elite product.

The email suggests she is going to different larger tubs too. I hope that is the case as her current tubs are too small and messy.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
...Really, really excellent stuff, outstanding in fact, and I'm extremely particular when it comes to shaving soap. I'd recommend it without hesitation and I suspect that the reviews are going to be very, very positive.

After stumbling upon & perusing this thread Friday, I raced off to her website to take a gander. A sucker for citrus-scented soaps, I added a tub of Florida Freeze to the cart only to discover that it was already sold out ... mere hours after its unveiling! Doc Holiday looked to be a good alternative, but it too was sold out! I then revisited this thread and figured that dfoulk’s mention & his wife’s approval of Haute Leather was reason enough to pull the trigger on a tub ... and fortunately, it was still in stock!

BTW, there’s an August, 20% off Artisan Soap coupon code on Lisa’s Nat. Soap website.

Top Bottom