What's new

New Lainess soap scent : Sweet orange !

I just wanted to share with you my great experience (again) with the Lainess soap.
As you may know, Lainess is a french soap (made in collaboration with Le Père Lucien) and Gaëlle (the owner of the farm) just released this new scent a few days ago !

I bought the 3 combos soap/AS and the least I can say is that I do not regret it...
Lainess 2.jpg

First of all, Lainess has a new website in french and in english too (and other langages), so I guess it’s easier for foreigners to order. Here it is : Lainess – Produits de soins au lait d'ânesse biologique - https://www.lainess.com/

Here are my thoughts on the new Lainess soap :
First of all, the packaging remains the same, you can buy it in 100g or 200g (3,5oz or 7oz). As you can see on the picture, the jar if full at purchase.

Lainess 3.jpg

- The honey scent is sort of her «classic» scent : strong pure honey scent, delicious ! That’s actually my second tub of this one.
- The pear/chocolate is unique : straight pear smell at the lid opening but I still find the chocolate scent in the background, scent is really nice ! Unfortunately, this one will be discontinued but there still us some stock of it. scent strenght is quite strong.
- The sweet orange scent is a pure orange scent. No fancy there, just straight fresh orange that smells gorgeous (actually this is sweet orange bio essential oil in the soap, not fragrance oil),

In comparison to Stirling orange chill (that I have), the Lainess soap is milder and sort of more natural (I can’t put my nose out of the jar!).
To give you an idea, this is the kind of sweet scent that you can use the whole week in a row with no problem. If that makes sense, the scent makes me think of an orange/chocolate mix bakery (sorry for my english explanation here)
Lainess 0.jpg

Sirling is my benchmark soap and I have to say that, in my opinion, Lainess is at least as good as Stirling, it’s in the same range of slickness, glide, protection etc. (I mainly shave with shavettes and my soap has to be slick)

The aftershaves are 100ml each one, with a nice kind of rectangular glass bottle. Scents are obviuosly the same, there’s some alcohol in it and it just does what an AS is supposed to do (LPL also makes them so you know what to expect if you already have some)
Lainess 6.jpg

Composition is very clean : alcool denat, aqua (water), asinus lac extract, glycerin, parfum, lactic acid.

I did use the sweet orange aftershave 3 times now and the scent lasts for a few hours, that is very pleasant :thumbup:

I also bought the sweet orange shampoo bar which works great and lasts for a long time.
Lainess 4.jpg

Lainess 1.jpg

the donkeys at the farm

Lainess 5.jpg

you can directly buy at the farm :)

Thanks for the heads up! Have heard of this soap but have not tried it yet. The regular LPL (cedar patchouli) was just OK IMO and have only found a couple French soaps that agree with my preference so far.

I have the honey absolutely love it. Though I wouldn't call it a straight honey scent, it is more like honey/caramel to my nose. And I do get something else too, slightly roasted coffeeish.

One of the three best scents in shaving imo.

It’s been about 2 weeks in a now that I use the Lainess soaps and the more I use them, the more I like them. I’ve noticed that it’s better to damp the jar with hot water before using it, it helps to get an amazing lather.

So slick and very protective, especially helpful with my shavette shaves.

Check this lather !

1.jpg

2.jpg

I agree with you, they really are underrated.
global-dev they are available in a few shaving french websites, in the US I don't know.

Top Bottom