What's new

New Lady shaver here!

Great choice. In cars too! There are quite a few car and hot rod people around. My Chevy was 10 years newer and a Chevelle though haha.
We also have on B&B The League Of Leg Shavers. You might have a read through that thread when you find the time.

Whoa! A '67 Chevelle? For real? THE MOST BEAUTIFUL car ever produced. We own several nice classics but this is my dream car!! Color? Motor? Details! I know it's off topic, but I must know.

Back to the topic, I will for sure read the leg shaving thread and look into Stirling soaps and the other vendors.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Whoa! A '67 Chevelle? For real? THE MOST BEAUTIFUL car ever produced. We own several nice classics but this is my dream car!! Color? Motor? Details! I know it's off topic, but I must know.

Back to the topic, I will for sure read the leg shaving thread and look into Stirling soaps and the other vendors.
Respectfully, the most beautiful car ever produced was my '71 Chevelle that should have killed me, lol.

A 17 year old has no business having that car!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I go off topic all the time and they put up with me. Well, most do. :tongue_sm

Yeah, I agree. The 67's are beautiful.

1967 Chevelle SS 396. The classic Chevelle.

Build sheet.
Build Sheet.JPG

As I bought it August 2000 complete with the original manual, with all warranty codes and the Protecto plate.

67 chevelle .JPG

It was sold originally at Central Chev/Olds here in London Ontario Canada. A good friend of mine was a dealer mechanic at that dealership at the time and likely did the warranty work on it. That warranty work included replacing the 1967 396, which the original owners son threw a rod in, with a 1969 402ci.

I bought it from a friend I shot Trap with at my gun club who knew the original owners and bought it from them in 1977, I think. At that time he had the engine gone over and all new bearings installed. I drove it daily for 10 years before rounding the cam lobes off and then I had the engine rebuilt. Heads were milled .010, .520 lift .294 duration Cam Dynamics cam, Keith Black hypereutectic pistons at 10.25:1. Stock intake and Holley carb and I kept the stock exhaust manifolds with DynoMax mufflers.

In 2014, I sold it to another friend of mine that had a 1966 SS 427 clone car. He always wanted an original 1967 so I sold it to him.

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

He pulled his 427 from his 66, had it rebuilt and swapped it into my 67 then sold his 66 with the original 402 in it. That 427 dyno'd at 660HP. Not quiet! I could hear him coming 6 blocks away, but that car would hook and launch like a scared cat, and straight too, as long as the tires were warmed up.

That blue is a 1967 Marina Blue which the Chevelles were offered in. When I sold it to him, the only things on it that wernt OEM was the paint, the Western Star wheels from the 1970's, the HEI ignition and the power steering. All of which came from a 1969 Camaro.

That car hasnt been more than 100 miles from where it was originally sold in its entire lifetime. The original owner still lives a ways up the street from me.

There are a few of us that talk cars and racing quite a bit. This from Doug @Rosseforp recently in his journal thread.

LACRstang[1].jpg
This was from an ANRA race at Los Angeles County Raceway(LACR) in June 1993.
I was running the 'stang in the Street Legal 1 category, and yes, I drove the car 110 miles to the racetrack that day. All of the rest of the cars running in SL-1 came in on trailers. It was fun watching them all load up their cars on trailers as I took the win with an Elapsed Time of 12:82 seconds @ 107.61 mph.
LACR was located in the high dessert of an altitude of 2800 ft, with a corrected altitude of around 6,000-8,000 ft because of the heat. At sea level the 'stang ran 12:00 @ 114.5 mph.

I know, he's a Ford guy, but thats okay. I guess... :001_tongu

I used to race motocross too, 1983 CR250, many years ago when my reflexes were a lot faster and I was less worried about hurting myself haha.

Respectfully, the most beautiful car ever produced was my '71 Chevelle that should have killed me, lol.

A 17 year old has no business having that car!

My nephew, quite likely as I type this, is elbows deep in a 455 Olds rebuild for his fathers 1971 442 convertible.

8f45de60d72c5e31099469f3f77e616c48b08b22.jpg

That, is one nice car. I wish I had one when I was 17 lol.

FarmerTan

The old Buick Skylark's were some beautiful vehicles from that era too.

Born in Flint Michigan you'd never guess I grew up to be a Mustang guy though!

Trying to convince my lovely bride into an older Miata for playing with. Not much luck yet though!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Trying to convince my lovely bride into an older Miata for playing with. Not much luck yet though!

I grew up with a guy whos mother had a Buick Wildcat. Just for something to do not that long ago, I took a drive through the old neighborhood and guess what? That old Wildcat is still in the same driveway all these years later.

FarmerTan

I grew up with a guy whos mother had a Buick Wildcat. Just for something to do not that long ago, I took a drive through the old neighborhood and guess what? That old Wildcat is still in the same driveway all these years later.
Look decent?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

You might try teasing her with one of these Miata's..... Monster Miatas: Creator of Miatas with Mustang V-8 Power on The Downshift - https://www.motortrend.com/news/monster-miatas-creator-of-miatas-with-mustang-v-8-power-on-the-downshift-240445/

That blue is a 1967 Marina Blue which the Chevelles were offered in.

Marina Blue also came on the Camaro! My grandma bought it brand new and we did a frame off rest-mod. Fritz Voight was a family friend and he did the motor build us. This is a beautiful car but no where near as hot as the Chevelle.
pside2.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Marina Blue also came on the Camaro! My grandma bought it brand new and we did a frame off rest-mod. Fritz Voight was a family friend and he did the motor build us. This is a beautiful car but no where near as hot as the Chevelle.
View attachment 1133891

Thats a nice Camaro! A friend of mind had a 1967 427 Camaro in the 1970's and another guy that use to come in the shop had a 67 Yenko 427 Nova. 1967 was a great year for cars.

The mechanic friend of mine used to build 7 second Chevy small blocks. Through the 50's and 60's he raced a 55 Chevy with a 283 and a power glide. A friend of his and the guy that built the BeCool rad in my Chevelle was Bill Kydd.

OK, I finally made my first purchases. After consulting with some of the gurus here, I decided not to get the Rockwell, but instead got 2 1957 Gillette Techs. One in silver and one in gold to match the emblems on our 1957 Chevy Bel Air! Two were needed for now because I travel quite often and sharing isn't possible. Inexpensive and will get us in the game. I also purchased a Parker chrome handle silver tip badger brush (a lady user loved it and so did her husband) and a sample of 16 different blades, all popular ones.

Right now I have a sample of creams and soaps (including the Cella) and a block of alum in my shopping cart on West Coast Shaving. I need more stuff to get free shipping. Anyone wanna give me some ideas on whether hubby needs pre shave soaps, lotions, etc? Or aftershave? I have witch hazel on hand. Do we need glycerin soap as a pre wash? Anything else I didn't mention? I looked for the Shavette but it is sold out. This is more fun now that I actually made some decisions. Well, I didn't make them i just acted on them!
And so begins the decent into the Rabbit Hole.

I realize you didn't solicit this, but as someone who owns over 150 razors, 40+ brushes, 50+ soaps, creams and croaps, and thousands of blades, here are some things I wish I'd learned early on (besides starting with a blade sampler)...

PREACH IT, BROTHER!
As another who had to experience the broad spectrum to understand the essential wisdom of shaving, let our pursuit of knowledge at the expense of treasure and gold become a guide to your benefit.

Well we finally got in enough stuff to give it a go. Last night my husband used a 1957 Gillette Tech with a Gillette 7 o’clock platinum blade, Palmolive cream and a badger brush to shave a 36 hour old beard. Only one pass was needed on the cheek area and 4 were done on the goatee area. No blood was drawn and he loved the way it felt! I have to leave to go out of town for a week so I will have to wait for my first time! Thanks for all the help!

Welcome to Badger & Blade.

I'm a woman, but I'm single so I can only mention what I like myself for shaving legs/armpits.

Most of my razors are long-handled Merkurs. My favourites are the 38c and the Progress. I also use a Mühle R41 Grande, which I would not recommend for a beginner since it is a very aggressive razor.

For blades I like several different brands: Shark SS, Shark Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Tatra, Gillette Nacet, Voskhod, Astra SS.

My favourite brushes are badger. I like tallow based soaps, especially lilac and lavender scents. Those scents of aftershaves are also nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Well we finally got in enough stuff to give it a go. Last night my husband used a 1957 Gillette Tech with a Gillette 7 o’clock platinum blade, Palmolive cream and a badger brush to shave a 36 hour old beard. Only one pass was needed on the cheek area and 4 were done on the goatee area. No blood was drawn and he loved the way it felt! I have to leave to go out of town for a week so I will have to wait for my first time! Thanks for all the help!

Off to a great start. Keep us posted!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Brenda:
proxy.php
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). B & B is represented by a large number of Ladies, so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and 'The Zen of Shaving', and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

Read More: League of Leg Shavers

Q. Now that you're with us...what brand of blades, soaps (ect...), are you working with now
proxy.php

Many our Ladies & Gents experiences has been it's very wise to purchase a Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade would be a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your person and razor(s).

BTW, the Mrs. uses a vintage Lady Gillette razor with canned 'goo' [Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel], one of my vintage EveryReady Sliver Tip and my Voshkod blades! :w00t:

Also, the Leg Shaving Wiki and the Female Shaving Video Requests maybe of great interest to you.

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Additionally, please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget...once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum.

women-shaving-legs-1-jpg.784297
"A good lather is half the shave". William Hone

Top Bottom