What's new

New King C. Gillette Safety Razor

I supposed it was inevitable that it be made off shore. The blades are made in Russia so they are probably made in Petrograd, so that is hopeful. Maybe the blades will be stocked here locally. I like the Heritage razor better.
Agreed. The quality of Chinese razor heads seems to vary greatly. Hopefully they at least used a place with good QC. $30 for a cast head though, shame they couldn't make it in the USA or European country that has some semblance of worker's rights.

Agreed. The quality of Chinese razor heads seems to vary greatly. Hopefully they at least used a place with good QC. $30 for a cast head though, shame they couldn't make it in the USA or European country that has some semblance of worker's rights.
I had hopes this would be so since the handle of the Heritage is US made, but alas.

That thing is the last branded razor King C. Gillette would want to see on the market.
Handle only made in China.
I don't understand what they were thinking with the new logo on the razor head. I can't imagine someone approving that jumbled mess.

WTH? Gillette is rolling in his grave. Is this “the best a man can get?” Hope not. Their heritage razor was pretty good albeit lacking any Gillette markings on the razor.

Here's MY "Heritage Gillette". Prolly' as fake as a wooden leg, but at least it has a resemblance to a real Tech & shaves as well, too. Nice, thin steel baseplate instead of a bloated & clunky zamack one.
It only needs a better handle to be respectable looking.
Chinese Gillette Tech.jpg

Here's MY "Heritage Gillette". Prolly' as fake as a wooden leg, but at least it has a resemblance to a real Tech & shaves as well, too. Nice, thin steel baseplate instead of a bloated & clunky zamack one.
View attachment 1095234
That looks like the real thing to me, but only intended for the Asian market.

I've just purchased one (I'll change the handle when I get it), thank you. :thumbsup:

Handle is made in China. Head would be German made.
Why do you think the head is German made? I could be mistaken, but I think I've seen that head before on Chinese razors listed on Amazon. It's odd that the box specifies only "handle."

Why do you think the head is German made? I could be mistaken, but I think I've seen that head before on Chinese razors listed on Amazon. It's odd that the box specifies only "handle."
It's a reasonable presumption. There are also Chinese clones of the EJ89 but Gillette elected to go with EJ for the original Heritage razor. I would be surprised if they didn't go to Merkur for a Merkur head design.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

View attachment 1095234

Currently available for 1 British penny. Yes 1p. Here's a review I found.

''This razor blade with shaving and ten days and was so free shipping sharp power skin surface of all women in fixed small beard A well in the four key''

So if you're into shaving your womans beard it should be a winner. :clap:

I meant German design in the least but I suspect it could be Merkur. Won’t know until I have one in hand.

Even if the head is produced in China, a distributed P&G/Gillette product would not be a run of the mill cheap clone you would find on the AliExpress website, the fit and finish should be very good. I think the con here is that Gillette realized they could charge the same amount of money without that pretty presentation box as offered with the Heritage. My suspicions would be correct if the Heritage returns without the box at the end of this month on Amazon as it is currently sold out. Maybe there is a box there inside with this new offering, but that would be in the photos I would think. If it shaves better than the R89 then it will depend on the buyer.

The Heritage razor head is the Mühle R89 with the brass threads not the EJ counterpart. If it has brass threads like the R89/Heritage, then all is good with the world because that is where thread wear and rot happens on zamack razors. My threads were toast in 4 years with the EJ but the top cap and baseplate look good as new after9 years.

Top Bottom