What's new

New kid on the block

Hi everyone, my actual name is Carl and I'm from West Tennesse. I wanted to introduce myself since I just registered. I've played around with straight razor shaving for several years but it's only lately I've really started getting used to it. When I started there wasn't an internet to help and I've been amazed at the amount of information on sites like this and I'm you tube. I've picked up a ton of information and realized how much I don't know. I'm trying to figure out how to navigate this site.
Welcome Carl.

Hi Invicta, thank s for the welcome. I noticed your profile picture is a Jock Scott. So you fly fish or tie flies or tie the Victorian age flies? I've always loved fly fishing and tying. Here are a few of my flies. I don't tie as much as unused to. I put myself through school thing and selling flies. Now days it's mainly for myself and friends but I still enjoy it.
I do fish for trout, seatrout and salmon and tie my own flies. The flies I fish with for salmon are dressed on
doubles, trebles and tubes and in the modern styles. I still use single hooks for trout and most seatrout flies.
The Jock Scott is not my own dressing and as you know is the traditional dressing on a single iron. Some of the materials for the Victorian flies are hard to come by these days so not worth dressing except for brooch pins and the like. I don't have the patience for tying the old style. The modern dressings have much more movement in the water and seem more effective.
Fly dressing is another of my pastimes for the winter months. Those are nice flies you have dressed and well presented; I am envious.

Top Bottom