What's new

New kid on the block

Hi everyone, my actual name is Carl and I'm from West Tennesse. I wanted to introduce myself since I just registered. I've played around with straight razor shaving for several years but it's only lately I've really started getting used to it. When I started there wasn't an internet to help and I've been amazed at the amount of information on sites like this and I'm you tube. I've picked up a ton of information and realized how much I don't know. I'm trying to figure out how to navigate this site.

Welcome to B&B from the UK. There is a lot of information here, but it's usually pretty easy to know where to find it once you've had a look at the sub-forums and understand how they work. Or, if you have a specific question then just ask. Fortunately, B&B folk will actually help rather than just suggest you use a search function.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Welcome to Badger and Blade from Ohio.

Just type a question at this forum , and the folks here will give you an answer.

Welcome to the forum, I'm from West TN as well. The site is easy to navigate and you'll understand more after a while. So much good information here.

Welcome Carl! You are in the right place. While I am not a straight razor shaver, this forum is rife with experts who are both kind and knowledgeable on the subject matter. Just click the magnifying glass at the top right of this page and enter your question. Or if you’re a googler, type your question and add badger and blade to the end and be prepared to have all the threads organized for you nice and neat. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I chose this site because it appeared everyone was cordial and helping each other out and not some of the snide remarks and juvenile bickering you see on some other forums. I look forward to getting to know you and to both gaining more knowledge and discussing this infatuation we seem to have with chopping hair off.:biggrin1:

Welcome to the forum, I'm from West TN as well. The site is easy to navigate and you'll understand more after a while. So much good information here.
Glad to meet you Bistrge! I'm glad to see someone else who's not ashamed to say they're from West TN.😁
I look forward to talking ....Carl

Welcome to B&B from the UK. There is a lot of information here, but it's usually pretty easy to know where to find it once you've had a look at the sub-forums and understand how they work. Or, if you have a specific question then just ask. Fortunately, B&B folk will actually help rather than just suggest you use a search function.
Thanks Cumberland, I've got a better idea of the lay out here now that I've had time to play with it a bit. You're a lucky man. I'm a history nut and you guys are up to your ears in it there. Queens Kings, Pics, Vikings, Anglo Saxons and dungeons and castles. I would be going nuts there!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. There is a dedicated Straight Razor Forum on this wonderful forum. The members there would love to hear from you.

Welcome to the forum from Australia. There is a dedicated Straight Razor Forum on this wonderful forum. The members there would love to hear from you.
Nothing to be ashamed of man. I've lived in a lot of different states and there's pros and cons everywhere 😉

Thanks Ajkel64
Wow, Australia; you had to walk a ways to get here haha. Thanks for the welcome! I haven't had a chance to go to the straight razor forum but I'm on my way there now.

Welcome to B&B.
Hi Invicta, thank s for the welcome. I noticed your profile picture is a Jock Scott. So you fly fish or tie flies or tie the Victorian age flies? I've always loved fly fishing and tying. Here are a few of my flies. I don't tie as much as unused to. I put myself through school thing and selling flies. Now days it's mainly for myself and friends but I still enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_094945.jpg
    IMG_20200118_094945.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200118_094934.jpg
    IMG_20200118_094934.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom