What's new

New kid from MI

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Hi, everybody. New kid here from Saginaw, MI. I'm actually a bit surprised to be here, because shaving has never been something I've been "into." It's just something I do. But lately I've been getting interested in DE shaving (and SE since Wednesday), and when I look for more information, all roads lead here. If I have any questions, I know where to go, but for now, I'll just be looking around and seeing what I find. Started shaving in my teens with disposable Bics, used Dad's old electric for a while, and when I turned 18 Gillette sent me a Mach 3, which I've been using fairly consistently ever since. Money has occasionally dictated that I dally with disposables, and once with a Fusion, but the Mach 3 is number one for me, at least until I see how I like the old ways.

Welcome to B&B! Switching to Wetshaving is one of the best things I've done this year. I really like how interchangable the whole process is. Happy Shaving!

Check out the tutorials, read the beginners' posts, and give some thought to what to buy to get started. And welcome! Enjoy your shaves!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
From one Michigander to another...Hello
proxy.php
Kilroy from Saginaw ('Say Yes to Michigan'...Yeah Baby!!!).
proxy.php

"[Other states are], beautiful to look at, but you can't be a part of it like you can in
attachment.php
".Jennifer Granholm

Welcome aboard the B & B (and now a proud member of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.

Sounds like your off to a great start and (on your way to shaving nirvana and the Zen of Shaving [http://zenhabits.net/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/),yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.

Q. What brand of tools (blades, razor, brushes, scents ect...), are you working with?
proxy.php

In my opinon, it's wise and sage advice to get a Razor Blade Sampler (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...pack?highlight), so that you'll see what blade would be a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and razor(s).

Also, the Thread entitled Wet Shaving Instructions & Tutorials (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...THIS-THREAD%21), maybe of great interest to you and is very informative to include Shaving Videos by member Mantic @ http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59.

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/313490-New-Members!-The-6-P-s-of-Shaving).

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson
Please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Don't worry about the [cuts, weepers and] nicks and pick up your life...forget all the bad things, the pain and the strife". Author Unknown

Pretty soon we'll be showing people in here where we live by pointing at our hand (everyone in Michigan does that). Welcome to the forum. Let me put it into numbers, which is how I decided on DE shaving.
Schick Hydro cartridge, around Bay City/ Saginaw= $3.50
Astra SP blade, from the Internets= .10

Welcome from another fellow Michigander. I joined this forum after I made a decision to make my grooming ritual of a pleasure than just perfunctory chore. I hope you find it more of a rewarding experience too.

strop

Now half as wise
Welcome to B&B. For many of us, shaving has gone from a chore that had to be done, to an enjoyable part of our morning ritual. If you have to do something, why not enjoy it.

I used a brush and soap for years with my Mach 3, then Fusion, before I finally became Enlightened!:biggrin1: Just the switch to brush and soap/cream will improve shave quality. I'm guessing that it won't be long after that and you'll get the itch to try a DE/SE, and all the info you need is right here. Never be afraid to ask a question. Lots of gents (and a few ladies) here that are ready to help.

Welcome to B & B!

I was born and raised (in the 50's) in Detroit. I haven't been there in a while, but I still have a lot of affection for my hometown.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I'm finding out lots of neat stuff that I'm eager to try. At the moment I'm just running my Mach 3 and Barbasol. I've got a Gillette Tech on my Christmas list, so we'll see if Santa comes through. For sure I'll have at least one each DE and SE no later than the 26th, because there's an antique shop around here that has old razors really cheap. I tried soap & brush years ago, but browsing around here, I see I wasn't doing it right. I'll give it a try again after Christmas.

Welcome from another newb. I'm another that changed to mug and brush from canisters. The razor change came later and made a difference, too.

Top Bottom