What's new

New Kamisori from China - trouble dialing it in

I just got my hands on what appears to be a disposable Kamisori made in China.

There is no replaceable blade but even more interesting is the edge on this one. I've never seen a serrated blade! Is this normal? Has anyone ever shaved with something like this?

Also wondering if I should hone it before use and what type of stone(s) I should be looking at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_20200829_074042.jpg

I just got my hands on what appears to be a disposable Kamisori made in China.

There is no replaceable blade but even more interesting is the edge on this one. I've never seen a serrated blade! Is this normal? Has anyone ever shaved with something like this?

Also wondering if I should hone it before use and what type of stone(s) I should be looking at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
View attachment 1146930

I’d strop it on some multigrain using a butter abrasive [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please drop a rock on it to test the heat treatment. i've heard they use a differential temper for good balance of rigidity and schmear capacity.

keep it away from heat source or you might mess up the temper of the edge and the edge might goo out too much to be efficient.

please drop a rock on it to test the heat treatment. i've heard they use a differential temper for good balance of rigidity and schmear capacity.

keep it away from heat source or you might mess up the temper of the edge and the edge might goo out too much to be efficient.
Good idea!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If you wait long enough some shave club or other will bring out a copy made of even cheaper materials, the reviews on YouTube will be terrific. 🤣

Top Bottom