What's new

New James Hoffmann Coffee Book

Hey everyone,

I was watching videos for AeroPress recipes and ran across a video promo for a new book by James Hoffman called 'How to make the best coffee at home'. The US release is September 15. I went on Amazon to look at it and they had it for pre-sale for the Kindle for $5.99 US which I thought was pretty inexpensive so I ordered it. While I was there, I saw his 'World Atlas of Coffee' for only $1.99 US as well. I picked it up too. I figure it is the least I could do since I have benefited from several of Jame's videos.

Enjoy!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
OK.... there are two versions of the print form on Amazon... $10 price differential or close to it. I can't figure out if these are two different publishers, if the content is the same... both say "second edition"... I'm a bit confused.

OK.... there are two versions of the print form on Amazon... $10 price differential or close to it. I can't figure out if these are two different publishers, if the content is the same... both say "second edition"... I'm a bit confused.
Are you seeing the one with dp (details product) id 1784727245. Using that link shows it as having pre-order status.

Sorry... this is for his World Atlas of Coffee... that @APBinNCA mentioned.
I see, sorry for my confusion as well. I think the cheaper listing is the second edition. Even though the more expensive listing shows a picture of the 2nd edition, somewhere in the details it is listed as the original edition and with a different ISBN number.

Edit: The listings do look strange, with one showing a date of October 4, 2018 and the other October 10, 2018. If one clicks that link on the Oct 4th book to see the two book World Atlas series, one for Coffee and one for Tea, the combo then includes the Oct 10th edition.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I see, sorry for my confusion as well. I think the cheaper listing is the second edition. Even though the more expensive listing shows a picture of the 2nd edition, somewhere in the details it is listed as the original edition and with a different ISBN number.
yeah... I can't quite figure it out... most likely different publishers.. I know when I use the "Look inside" link, it says at the top...

"We are showing a sample of the Hardcover edition (2018) because a sample of the Hardcover edition (2018) from Firefly Books you selected is not available. You can purchase the Hardcover edition (2018) for $29.99 by viewing more buying options."

But the $38 book doesn't come up... both editions are from October, 2018.. one October 4th and the other October 10th... don't they both have to be second editions?

Color me confused... still.

yeah... I can't quite figure it out... most likely different publishers.. I know when I use the "Look inside" link, it says at the top...

"We are showing a sample of the Hardcover edition (2018) because a sample of the Hardcover edition (2018) from Firefly Books you selected is not available. You can purchase the Hardcover edition (2018) for $29.99 by viewing more buying options."

But the $38 book doesn't come up... both editions are from October, 2018.. one October 4th and the other October 10th... don't they both have to be second editions?

Color me confused... still.
Agree, looks like there is a glitch in the Amazon universe. And it is odd how the cover photos were different for two different second editions, though maybe one includes a dust cover which has different graphics.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I went 'round and 'round with Amazon customer service via chat. I gave up with that.

But I did go to the book's website and asked the question there. Their link to buy at Amazon turns up a third book... same cover as the one without the beans.. for $37.99 LOL

Hopefully, they'll get back to me eventually.. being 12 hours ahead of East Coast time demands a bit of patience.

I went 'round and 'round with Amazon customer service via chat. I gave up with that.

But I did go to the book's website and asked the question there. Their link to buy at Amazon turns up a third book... same cover as the one without the beans.. for $37.99 LOL

Hopefully, they'll get back to me eventually.. being 12 hours ahead of East Coast time demands a bit of patience.
I don’t know if this will help

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don’t know if this will help

Thx, Aaron... I'm taking a look now.

Edit: Amazon has that cover for $29.99.... not sure if it's the same as the one with the other cover, also second edition for $37.99 or $38.22.. Hopefully the website person will get back to me eventually... it is only 11AM US East Coast time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
OK... finally figured it out.... there are two publishers for The World Atlas of Coffee: one in the States and one in Britain... hence the two covers. Same content.

I went ahead and pre-ordered his "How to make the best coffee at Home" that will be released in a few weeks.

Top Bottom