What's new

New(ish) Member Here

Well I originally signed up just over a week ago (for a PIF) and have finally managed to find time to check-in. Life just seems to be very busy at the moment.

Well I could say I started out on a SE razor right back when I was a teenager, but that was using Bic disposables as I didn't want to spend too much. I have used a variety of cartridge razors ever since. I'm fairly new to DE shaving after the many years using cartridges. I say fairly new as I tried to use the freebie Wilkinson Sword razor that comes with the razor blades, probably about 20 years ago, and had a fairly torrid (and bloody experience). I then discovered the Rockwell 6C and I have no intention of going back to cartridges. My technique is nowhere near perfect and I intend to spend some fair time reading the forums, but I am looking forward to the journey.

I've used a brush and soap for a good while, but again my technique isn't always great, especially when I'm in a hurry. I now also realise there is so much new stuff to try!

I discovered B&B when doing a Google search for that ever-elusive answer, "how many shaves should a (DE) razor blade manage?" Having seen how welcoming and friendly this forum is, I signed up in less than a week - the quickest sign-up I've ever done for a forum (and I've belonged to a few in my time).

Looking forward to a very pleasant time here at B&B.
Cheers,
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to a very pleasant time here at B&B.
Welcome to the madhouse Phil. :001_smile

Do introduce yourself at the Hall of Fame.
I discovered B&B when doing a Google search for that ever-elusive answer, "how many shaves should a (DE) razor blade manage?"
I believe you'll get the best answer to that question in this thread:
Excalibur Club - Blade Longevity DE, SE and Injector

I think you need to have made about 10 posts to view that thread, due to it being in the Clubs and Brotherhoods sub-forum.

Hello and welcome, Phil. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B. Work on the preparation and technique and you will be astounded how many shaves a good blade can give. The journey to finding a good blade varies for each person.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I'm already enjoying my time here, it's quite the place for a whole range of personailty disorders!

I believe you'll get the best answer to that question in this thread:
Excalibur Club - Blade Longevity DE, SE and Injector
Thanks Cal, I seem to be able to see that okay, but it's going to take me a while to look through that lot...

Hello and welcome, Phil. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.
Thanks for the reminder, just gone and done that.

Welcome aboard, Phil. Are you a cheddar fan?
LOL, yes I like all sorts of cheese, but I am particularly partial to a nice bit of Wensleydale with fruit cake, a Yorkshire delicacy.
The best cheese from the Wensleydale Creamery was the smoked blue version, now sadly no longer made.

Top Bottom