What's new

New Injectors

I have delayed in getting the Supply Company or Parker injectors. What'syour feedback? Are they worth getting?

I have Supply and I really like it, I've never had experience with an injector. I just don't think the blade slides much, I've used cream, gel, and I think using my Rockwell 2c, it slides a lot more. As for the blades that came, I used it 15 times without any problem.

I have both and I like them both. My Parker is the first version, which is a bit milder than the newest model. I recommend you start with the Parker. It has similar mechanics to the Schick M and the styling of the Pal. Mine shaves great, albeit at the highest setting. I am told that the newer ones have a bit more range, but still not that of a Schick M.

I have both and I like them both. My Parker is the first version, which is a bit milder than the newest model. I recommend you start with the Parker. It has similar mechanics to the Schick M and the styling of the Pal. Mine shaves great, albeit at the highest setting. I am told that the newer ones have a bit more range, but still not that of a Schick M.
I agree with this evaluation of the Parker. Used it today and the 13th use of the Schick blades. Comfortable DFS shave.

You've got it just right. I have a Schick M1 and a Parker v2. The v2 adds a little more to the highest setting from what I'm told but the Shick M1 feels much more efficient on its higher settings. I'm happy with both of them in the middle, Parker on 3 and Schick on 5. I haven't needed to turn them up higher. I suppose if I had many days of growth I would.

Both of these razors took me a little while to get used to, mainly the pressure and angle. Once I got it though...beautiful. The shaves are smooth and comfortable. I will get a Supply at some point to see how it shaves. I've heard from people who have all three that the Supply is the best shaving of the lot. It's not adjustable but it has different plates to change the efficiency.

Most injectors are on the light side as weight is concerned. The Supply is on the hefty side and that takes some adjustment by the user. The Parker is more "Schick-like".

Most injectors are on the light side as weight is concerned. The Supply is on the hefty side and that takes some adjustment by the user. The Parker is more "Schick-like".
I was actually surprised that the Schick M1 has a more substantial feel than the Parker. It's not a huge difference but it's noticeable. They are a bit smaller than I expected as well but fit my hand well and are comfortable to use. You make an interesting point about the Supply being much heavier by comparison.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've had all the historic Schicks, a couple PAL Injectors, and the Supply. They are worth trying, if I were the OP I'd opt for a vintage Schick to see if they enjoy the shave an injector provides. I like them because on my mug the injector blade is the narrowest & most nimble, and thus works better around the Adam's apple etc. Bear in mind that blade choices are limited compared to the number of DE's presently available.

If the vintage Schick suits the Supply is a step up in weight and durability, though the latter is mooted to some extent by the continued survival of 80+ year old Type E's ..

I've had all the historic Schicks, a couple PAL Injectors, and the Supply. They are worth trying, if I were the OP I'd opt for a vintage Schick to see if they enjoy the shave an injector provides. I like them because on my mug the injector blade is the narrowest & most nimble, and thus works better around the Adam's apple etc. Bear in mind that blade choices are limited compared to the number of DE's presently available.

If the vintage Schick suits the Supply is a step up in weight and durability, though the latter is mooted to some extent by the continued survival of 80+ year old Type E's ..
The OP is an experienced collector whom I believe has a number of vintage Schicks. I know of a few L types for sure.

garyg

The OP is an experienced collector whom I believe has a number of vintage Schicks. I know of a few L types for sure.
Guess I misread the question. I'd heartily recommend the Supply, haven't been tempted by a Parker so I can't contrast.

garyg

What do you think about Supply? What's your opinion?
As said, I'd recommend it. Someone has already pointed out that it is seriously heavier than the older Schicks (save the Magazine Repeaters) and made of solid stainless. While I still have too many Schick format razors around, the two I use regularly are the Supply and my all time favorite the Type M Adjustable. The Supply is reasonably priced ($75) compared to modern SS DE's, and opens up completely for those that feel the need to scour the inside. The Personna blades it is furnished with aren't my favorite, and I preferred their version 1 which allowed you to pick one degree of aggression rather than paying for all three plates.

I haven't used any modern injector razors, but seeing how most people are either disappointed or not impressed with the Parker and the Supply, I think I would keep using my Schick M3 adjustable and skip the current modern injectors.

So @Sabre what are your thoughts?
I wil probably get both. I will watch the BST's for an unwanted SS Supply and will get the Parker new. I may consider the alloy version of the Supply, so that would also be a new purchase. I have been good at resisting the launch of modern razors lol.

garyg

Hmm, an adjustable AND new Made in Japan blades? Me, I've had the original since they were first shipped, use it pretty often, and have never dropped it or had it come close. The sleeve thing is silly, a nanny move akin to wrapping the apparently slippery looking handle with rubber bands. I like the look of the Supply and the homage to the old Personna Injectors

Top Bottom