What's new

New here.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hi
I’m ª newbie classic wet shaver. Since, last August, I’v taken the pleasure in classic shaving. Since then I’v bought a Wilkinson classic, a qshave futur clone, a Merkur 38c, a Merkur 39c (Slant), a hawk2, a Feather ss razor, a Filarmónica 13 and a Dovo Bismark (which didn’t arrived yet). I’m parte of the Portuguese forum “barbear clássico “.
When I put queries in the browser regarding wet shaving, this forum pops out. So I enrolled. At this point, I’d like to buy a cheap stainless straight. I first was looking for tamagahane stainless or a Henkels but since them I’v bought a coticule and I want to learn to hone on a less expensive straight before.
So I’m looking the zy 430+ and a similar Gd but I’d like more opinions on ppl with experience on those razors. Thank you

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the Straight Razor section. I think you'll find a lot of information.

Hi
I’m ª newbie classic wet shaver. Since, last August, I’v taken the pleasure in classic shaving. Since then I’v bought a Wilkinson classic, a qshave futur clone, a Merkur 38c, a Merkur 39c (Slant), a hawk2, a Feather ss razor, a Filarmónica 13 and a Dovo Bismark (which didn’t arrived yet). I’m parte of the Portuguese forum “barbear clássico “.
When I put queries in the browser regarding wet shaving, this forum pops out. So I enrolled. At this point, I’d like to buy a cheap stainless straight. I first was looking for tamagahane stainless or a Henkels but since them I’v bought a coticule and I want to learn to hone on a less expensive straight before.
So I’m looking the zy 430+ and a similar Gd but I’d like more opinions on ppl with experience on those razors. Thank you

Welcome to the forums. I'm new hear too.
It's not a problem but it appear that you taged your introduction onto the end of my introduction. If you start a new thread to re-introduce yourself more of the senior members will see it and be able to give advice on good choices for razors.
I personally would look in the Buy- Sell- Trade section for a good used razor to practise honing and stropping. I was lucky enough to find a razor for around $10 at an antique store when I started out wet shaving it was never a great shave but I learned alot with it and it shaved half decent.
Hope this helps

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums. I'm new hear too.
It's not a problem but it appear that you taged your introduction onto the end of my introduction. If you start a new thread to re-introduce yourself more of the senior members will see it and be able to give advice on good choices for razors.
I personally would look in the Buy- Sell- Trade section for a good used razor to practise honing and stropping. I was lucky enough to find a razor for around $10 at an antique store when I started out wet shaving it was never a great shave but I learned alot with it and it shaved half decent.
Hope this helps

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

Spectacular. My first shave with it below. Click the small red arrow to go to a quoted thread.

Hi Esox, it's been while since these posts but I finally have some CRS rose on the way, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. It got me thinking I haven't chatted with you much. I also got quite a few Gem razor since then Including both bumpless and bumped MMOC's they are great shavers.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hi Esox, it's been while since these posts but I finally have some CRS rose on the way, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. It got me thinking I haven't chatted with you much. I also got quite a few Gem razor since then Including both bumpless and bumped MMOC's they are great shavers.

I used my CRS Rose yesterday. Its as good as ever. Lately however, I've grown very fond of Mama Bears soaps. Its the slickest soap I've yet used. I value slickness over everything else in soaps and creams. CRS is slick but its not quite Mama Bears slick.

I switch between my Bullet Tip and MMOC. I start a fresh PTFE in the Bullet Tip and use it for four shaves, then swap it into my MMOC for the next six shaves. Then I start over again with another fresh blade. Life is good. :tongue_sm

I'm only a page or PM away. :)

I used my CRS Rose yesterday. Its as good as ever. Lately however, I've grown very fond of Mama Bears soaps. Its the slickest soap I've yet used. I value slickness over everything else in soaps and creams. CRS is slick but its not quite Mama Bears slick.

I switch between my Bullet Tip and MMOC. I start a fresh PTFE in the Bullet Tip and use it for four shaves, then swap it into my MMOC for the next six shaves. Then I start over again with another fresh blade. Life is good. :tongue_sm

Yes indeed! Have 3 samples of Mama Bear’s including lemon rose thanks @rockviper for the pif! So goooood!

Have you checked out the Micromatic Monday thread or the Daily double thread. I hang out in those two threads a lot.
I have a Bullet Tip guiding eye, Clog proof and Both MMOC'S I just need to stumble across a Peerless ar ab antique store.
I also have quite a few other Gem razors.

I'll keep the PM in mind if I don't see you around. I'm the same distance away too.

Top Bottom