What's new

New here in the NIB, question about notebooks

I was pif'd a fountain pen by a gentleman on the shave nook. It was a cheap papermate that I believe he paid less than two bucks for. It was just so I could see if I like writing with them, needless to say, I do. :biggrin1:

Anyway, I've been looking for a notebook online. I'm interested in one with removable sheets so I can send letters, ruled or un-ruled, I haven't decided yet. I've seen a few, and have this one on my wishlist. I'm thankful for any suggestions that you guys have.

Regards,

Mike

I bought a couple of the Rhodia notebooks and I like them a lot. I got some Moleskine notebooks when WaldenBooks went out of business. I like the Rhodias better.

Welcome to the Nib, Mike !!!!

The Rhodia pads are great for practicing writing and general doodling. They come in a dot pattern as well as lined. If you would enjoy sending and writing letters, a lot of us just buy a good loose leaf paper. You can also put a piece of lined paper under the loose leaf so that you have some lines to follow.

Check out the ARC notebooks from Staples. They have removable pages and the paper is great for FPs. There are also a variety of page styles.

Thanks, guys. I was looking at the Triomphe tablets simply because I'm not really going to be flipping through the pages, it would just be used for writing letters to send out. That Rhodia notebook will definitely be considered, though. I overlooked it because it's wire-bound, and I'm just now seeing that it's perforated for easy removal. So, I might just be going with that one.

I was just looking at the Rhodia brand again, I only see graph and ruled paper. There aren't any blank paper Rhodia with perforated sheets? Any other brands with perforated blank sheets?

If its just for letters G. Lalo, the sheets you originally posted and original crown mill are great choices

Here is a rhodia blank link

Thanks, James. So, there isn't one that's like this with perforated blank pages? Another brand maybe? Just in case I want to keep like notes, and removable pages so I can send letters.

Hey Mike, you might want to consider a dot pad. Gives a bit of guidance in a minimalistic manner.

Thanks, I've seen those. I'll take a better look at some of them.

that second link of mine should have been like that

http://www.gouletpens.com/Black_Rhodia_No_18_Blank_p/r180009.htm

its staple bound but the edges are perforated, and they are blank, so they will stay in when you want them in, and tear out when you want them out.

Yea, I saw it. I was looking for something that was wirebound like the first one you posted. I guess they don't exist, or I just have to search harder. I'll just go with the staplebound or the one I linked in my first post if I don't find anything.

you should hit up your local staples, just bring a "testing pen" with you to dot a random page here and there to see if it bleeds through. the eco earth pads work and there are some others that may come wirebound with removable paper

you should hit up your local staples, just bring a "testing pen" with you to dot a random page here and there to see if it bleeds through. the eco earth pads work and there are some others that may come wirebound with removable paper

I have one like right around the corner from me, so I just might do that.

I just hope I'm not the next customer who buys your randomly-dotted notebook! :ohmy:

I'd also recommend this one.

The pages are meant to tear. The binding is minimal and will not get in your way when writing; right or left.
The dots disappear when viewed from a distance. I don't believe they photocopy either (they do scan).

When I began I found myself a french ruled notebook, and did some research on it's proper use. Finished my very first daily journal in it (nothing special and sometimes just a crude drawing). My penmanship has improved for it.

Last edited:
I just hope I'm not the next customer who buys your randomly-dotted notebook! :ohmy:

I don't think you'll have that problem. :wink2:

I honestly don't think I would be testing them like that. My luck and they would throw me out of the store.

Top Bottom