What's new

New here and to wet shaves

My name is TJ and I am in eastern NC. Although not very old respectively I am mostly self taught in every aspect of my life. My shave experience has only been with multi-blade cartridges and canned gel up until this point and I have yet to even find a local barber to give me a straight razor shave to enjoy once. My one request for Father's Day this year was to get a DE and the necessary accessories so I may be able to enjoy a close and comfortable shave going forward. All advice and warning I must say will be read and weighed based on what I have read and heard and if it makes sense and doesn't seem detrimental or offered for profit then most likely it is imho a good informative warning/advice and I will take heed and or try as needed. Hope to learn how to shave better and look forward to many fruitful conversations based on both my learning experiences and the already learned experiences of those here on the forum.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hi. Enjoy the hobby. I find researching and buying products very enjoyable. And of course the shaves.

Welcome to the club, TJ. Glad to have you aboard. Browse through the various shaving forums here and read some of the reviews in the Wiki. You will receive many honest evaluations, but in the end, you must decide for yourself. Our motto here is YMMV, so everyone's opinion is as good as everyone else's.

Hello and welcome, TJ. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard! I suggest you read through the Wiki and watch a few videos. These have a ton of useful advice.

Welcome to B&B. There are no arguments in this community, but on many occasions members have to agree in a friendly way to differ regarding elements of DE shaving technique. However, all agree (I think) that it is vital not to apply any more pressure when shaving than it takes to keep the blade just in contact with your face. It's not about mowing down all your whiskers at one pass, but rather reducing them in stages.

Welcome TJ!
I think you'll like this place and I doubt you'll find a better group of people anywhere on the net.
Don't hesitate to ask questions.

IMG_1453.JPG
Welcome @DocHoliday0831 !

Did you get what you wanted for Father's Day???
Yep and here is a pic of most of it

Top Bottom