What's new

New Handlebar Mustache: Advice needed

Honestly, hard to tell much difference.

This is the BEFORE wax. (Ignore the word AFTER)
proxy.php

Here is AFTER the wax. I think I need some more length before the wax will really start to work.

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i think you are right. can't really tell yet. but i reckon its good for training still.

I have struggled a little with the wax. As usual, the video always makes it look easy. I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly. When I get a small ball of wax between my thumb and forefinger and start to roll it around, it just sort of grinds into my finger. I was expecting a softened wax feel, but this is more like I'm rubbing it into my finger.

I might try the hairdryer trick.

I think you're having the same hair length issue I am. It's just that odd mustache time where the hairs are long enough to look like a mustache but still to short to have any grooming control over. Need a couple more weeks or so ;)

I think you're having the same hair length issue I am. It's just that odd mustache time where the hairs are long enough to look like a mustache but still to short to have any grooming control over. Need a couple more weeks or so ;)

That definitely seems like the case.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Literally just laughed out loud. It is definitely there!

I'll be glad when I get these interview over with so I can work on mine!

Am I starting to see a little "curl"?

did you ever in your wildest dreams or imagination, think you'd be posting a pic of your moustache growth online and that others would be congratulating you on it?

I was happy to see the curls, I can only imagine how happy you were to see that little curve on the corners :thumbup:

did you ever in your wildest dreams or imagination, think you'd be posting a pic of your moustache growth online and that others would be congratulating you on it?

I was happy to see the curls, I can only imagine how happy you were to see that little curve on the corners :thumbup:

Absolutely never thought I would be posting mustache growth online!

The slight upturn curve was only on one side, and stayed in place long enough for me to get that picture. And even that made me quite happy!

Sometime i think this is a very strange website. But there seems to be a lot of good people here and B&B seems to have some type of magnetic pull, or vacum effect on me and i keep coming back every day.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
if i can remember to not shave the upper lip then tomorrow will be the first official day of growing mine! I wanted to start Jan. 1st but had a few job interviews and didn't think i'd look good with a clean cheek/neck and a 1-2 day growth on my lip. but now I got the weekend and a few days next week to grow it out well enough so it looks like something.

When you warm up the wax in your fingers you do have a bit left over on your finger tips but don't worry about it too much, it happens to me too, I've had a beard for almost a whole year now. The mustache I'm trying to grow out as far as I can but training doesn't do much for it as it just falls straight down so I'm going to try to get one of those old fireman style "Ash-eater" mustaches going. I can't find a picture of it but basically it goes below the mouth before it curls, of course I can wax it up when I need to do anything like eat, drink... Good luck on your 'stache!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
3G...they still support that? :lol:

today marks day 3 of mine. i should be able to start the training tomorrow :001_rolle

is the wax hard to wash OUT of the stache?

today marks day 3 of mine. i should be able to start the training tomorrow :001_rolle

is the wax hard to wash OUT of the stache?

Good luck!

Some recommend not completely washing the wax out every day, just every few days.

I showed twice a day. I've been heavily applying the wax after my evening shower to let it sit heavy overnight. Then in my morning shower I rinse it, but don't scrub it out. Then I comb it for the day. I wash it out durin the evening shower and start over.

Top Bottom