What's new

New Handlebar Mustache: Advice needed

I just can seem to get a technique right with the Firehouse Dark or Tacky. It's just too tacky. It ends up clumping and I am smearing it on my hairs, too thick to be combed in.

I've tried to warm it with water and I've tried the blow dryer. The Oregon is more manageable for me.

don't forget the glue stick trick with a hair dryer too.....
I just can seem to get a technique right with the Firehouse Dark or Tacky. It's just too tacky. It ends up clumping and I am smearing it on my hairs, too thick to be combed in.

I've tried to warm it with water and I've tried the blow dryer. The Oregon is more manageable for me.

Quick Saturday evening update:

proxy.php

I'm undecided regarding the small "flavor saver" triangle beneath the lower lip. I feel it might be a bit too "Victorian Magician".....

Gentlemen:

I'm thinking about starting a new thread. It appears that there is some general interest in Handlebars here on the forum. I want to start a new thread that separates my need for advice from these great handlebars that you guys have to share.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Handlebar Mustaches: Show your Pics!

The thread will ask for a few basic things: 1. Picture 2. How long have you been growing it? 3. What type of wax do you use and why? 4. What, if any, is your trimming routine? 5. Any advice for the new Handlebar Grower?

I've had a handlebar before, but this last time SWMBO said absolutely not! Whatever, I rock the Bismarck pretty well, just keep the tips trimmed off....

Top Bottom