What's new

New Handle for my brush knot!

Replacing the wood/metal handle on my 20mm brush knot today. Handle is too short for my large hand. Steam for 30 minutes in a covered saucepan and then it pulls apart fairly easily.

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

The new handle for my knot.
20__02521.1520028782.jpg

The old handle was a not so good type of wood. The grain kept raising up on it too. I would like to find a handle made from Olive wood or Purple Heartwood.

Replacing the wood/metal handle on my 20mm brush knot today. Handle is too short for my large hand. Steam for 30 minutes in a covered saucepan and then it pulls apart fairly easily.

View attachment 1383200
View attachment 1383203
View attachment 1383204
View attachment 1383205

The new handle for my knot.
View attachment 1383207

The old handle was a not so good type of wood. The grain kept raising up on it too. I would like to find a handle made from Olive wood or Purple Heartwood.
Nice handle. Thanks for sharing. Am I right in assuming that the knot was new, not vintage, since you used it in the new handle?

Nice handle. Thanks for sharing. Am I right in assuming that the knot was new, not vintage, since you used it in the new handle?
Yes the knot was new. I purchased it from Shave Forge. Great company to get shave knots from, good selection from synthetic to badger in several grades.

Top Bottom