What's new

New guy saying hello

About three weeks ago, I read an article online about how to 'end razor burn forever', and after finding this forum, all the excellent reviews and information, I decided to take the plunge.

I've been wet shaving now for a little over a week. My first shave was ....err, well I had quite a few nicks :blushing: - mainly because I was used to an electric razor, and having to use quite a bit of pressure to get a smooth shave. I've started to get the hang of the whole 'no pressure' thing - at least on my cheeks (still working on my neck as the hair grows in all different directions :confused: ).

After reading a lot of posts from the more experienced wet shavers, here's what I got:

- Merkur HD
- Savile Row 208
- Taylor's Avocado Cream
- Prosaro Liquid Cream After Shave Balm
- Derby blades (from eBay)

Thanks for all the information and reviews from previous postings, and I look forward to being a part of this great community.
-Ted

Welcome, Ted. That looks like a very good kit. It is definitely one that can provide you with many years worth of great shaves.

Next time you go by a Target store (assuming you're American) you might consider purchasing the Proraso Post Shave Cream. It is excellent stuff and would nicely compliment what you already have.

Ted,

Welcome to B&B :badger:

Sounds like you've got a great setup. Remember, learning to use a DE takes time & patience to get your technique just right. Ask a lot of questions and let us know how your progress goes.

Welcome! It will take time for your face to adapt to the new regimen, so be patient. Feel free to ask lots of questions.

Welcome Ted,
The only problem I can see with your selection of shaving items is that they leave no room for excuses other than "I'm new at this!" As you begin this new journey take small steps and enjoy them all. At B&B you will find a great deal of advice, some better than others, but all well intended so ask as many questions as suits your needs!:001_smile

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
525x348px-LL-bf1c3650_HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg

Welcome! Spend some time watching videos about technique on youtube. You might find it really helpful, I certainly did in the beginning.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
It says you've been a member here since 2006.

And you were last seen here in 2008.

GlazedBoker also observed this.

Top Bottom