What's new

New guy in the PNW

So it has been years since I joined a forum. I have been learning so much here that I figured I would participate.

I am 48 so I have been shaving for awhile. Hating it every single time and doing it the least amount possible.
About a year and a half ago I started looking into safety razors. Six months later (I am thorough) I bought a medium Henson AL13.
I already had an understanding of grain and growth pattern so my leaning curve was pretty short and gentle. Now I hate not being freshly shaved. I have tried a BUNCH of different razors and settled on a few I REALLY like and one in particular that I stocked up on (25 years supply).
I have used Cremo for years and still like it OK. I plan on still using it for travel in my DOP bag.
However, it is time to make things even better. I am ready to start using a brush and real shave soap. But, there is another thread on that.

Anyways, thanks for having me. I am mainly a reader and not a talker.

Welcome to the boards! :badger:

I forsee an explosion of soaps in your future! Enjoy the incredibly aromatic journey you are embarking on. :D

Welcome to the boards! :badger:

I forsee an explosion of soaps in your future! Enjoy the incredibly aromatic journey you are embarking on. :D
Hey thanks!
Funny about that. A significant side benefit of switching to shave soap is the ability to use unscented soap. I like Cremo OK but it smells rather strong.
Also, I know it is not "proper" but I shave before I shower so scented soap is kind of moot. I suppose lovely scents do enhance the experience though?
Other than a very lightly scented DIY aftershave/ toner, I use no scents. No cologne, EDT, scented laundry soap, dryer sheets, or deodorant (I use alum deodorant). I do not have a sensitivity. I just feel we live in an overly artificialy scented world. Maybe it is from having hippie parents? Not to say I smell like a stinky hippie. I just smell like a clean human.
I will try a couple few unscented shave soaps. The one I like, I will stock up on and I will be good.
My plan is to start with PAA Scentsless CK-6. I very well could stop there?
I do not like having a bunch of stuff. I find what works for a specific need and I am good.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.

Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.
Will do, thanks for the tip!

"However, it is time to make things even better."

Wow, did you ever join the right Forum.

Welcome from another PNWer!

Welcome aboard, buy a good quality soap as a starter soap and bypass all the mid range ish product you will not be disapointed

Top Bottom