What's new

New Guy Here

Hey gents,

Joined the wet shaving club. I came in with the intention to refine my shave process- I used cartridge razors in the shower for years hacking away quick and easy. It never gelled well with the established facial routine I've been practicing for years so I sought to connect the two to create a better overall experience.

I was gifted a DE Parker (can't locate the model online) and I already ordered a load of sample blades and soaps to try out. I've already found I'm a fan of Wholly Kaw soaps (currently using Pasha's Pride) as it's given me the best slickness and cushion while being forgiving as I learn how to properly create a lather.

One point on shave oils though- I don't know if I like the one I have. I was gifted some Dear Barber shave oil that smells awesome, kind of like gun oil. It seems it may soften some stubble and provide glide, but really not much more than my soap couldn't do already. The major concern is if I wanted to do a small cheat pass or touch up, it repels water and whatever slickness my soap had and the glide is absolutely gone until I add a bit of water again. Maybe I shouldn't be doing that in the first place starting out, but it doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

I've been browsing for a few weeks and look forward to learning from you more experienced guys. I like to see all the reviews, critiques, and how one product may or may not work the same for the next man. I thought this endeavor would save me some money, but so far I'm sure this is a hobby (shaving? rly??) that I won't mind investing in to find what works best as well at satiating some curiosity.

Thanks

PS. Can someone give me a short list of the acronyms used on this site?? lol

Welcome! Save money?

swtiK9jRfE0zS.gif

welcome! I've ended up spending way too much on this "hobby" and now I'm resolving not spend anything. Good luck finding what works for you. I'm a fan of Wholly Kaw myself.

Top Bottom