What's new

New guy here. Found a box in my cellar!

And it contained this beast...
20190115_081405.jpg

I'm just getting started in this vintage shave stuff. It's amazing how many people are interested in it! Turns out my grandfather was a barber and unbeknownst to me this razor was tucked away in our cellar. I can't see myself shaving with it, but would like to clean it up and make it usable.

To get started I ordered a flare-tip SS from 1961, my birth year. Seemed like a good middle of the road piece for a beginner. When I told my Mom, she brought out a '55 red tip and a '57 blue that my Dad used! I also found an old Ever-Ready in the cellar, so now I have a nice little starter collection:
20190115_081856.jpg

Hello from Northern NY! I'm looking forward to learning a bunch from this most excellent website/community. Probably won't post a bunch, but will be lurking in the background.

Jon

And it contained this beast...
View attachment 943878
I'm just getting started in this vintage shave stuff. It's amazing how many people are interested in it! Turns out my grandfather was a barber and unbeknownst to me this razor was tucked away in our cellar. I can't see myself shaving with it, but would like to clean it up and make it usable.

To get started I ordered a flare-tip SS from 1961, my birth year. Seemed like a good middle of the road piece for a beginner. When I told my Mom, she brought out a '55 red tip and a '57 blue that my Dad used! I also found an old Ever-Ready in the cellar, so now I have a nice little starter collection:
View attachment 943876
Hello from Northern NY! I'm looking forward to learning a bunch from this most excellent website/community. Probably won't post a bunch, but will be lurking in the background.

Jon
Heirloom razors trump birth year razors by a LONG shot. :)

The Straight razor forum has a restoration sub-forum if you want any tips with the SR.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome, you have some very nice hardware there to start your journey. Thanks for the photo's, we love our photo's.

Welcome & congrats on the great pieces passed down to you. Those are treasures, to be sure! The Red Tip is considered by many on this forum (myself included) to be an exceptional razor. Enjoy!

Nice finds congrats! You must have a fairly dry cellar, because that old meat chopper looks t be in great shape! I think you'll love the Supper Speeds. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom