What's new

New guy from SW Florida

Hello B&B'ers,

Pleasure to make my way back to the badger and blade. I was a member a long time ago and posted very infrequently (was it 2005-ish?), and then not at all for a long time, so I couldn't even remember my username today. You got me into safety razors then, which didn't really stick well enough with me as I went back to the Gillette disposables. But Gillette seems to have gone to crap with their disposable blades in the Mach 3 razors recently and my trusted Sensor Excel II's have long disappeared. A cartridge used to last a pretty decent amount of times, and then it got to last maybe 3 times, and now it isn't even that great on the first use. Just expensive garbage now, what a shame. So I think it's time for me to get into straights and stop wasting it with disappointing disposables.

As for me, I'm a 39 year old Spaniard living in SW Florida. I'm going back to school now to become a nurse and get into the medical field, which is what I should have done the first time around college. Great to be a student again (Go Gators!). I'm also a fan of Rolex watches and was finally able to purchase my own last year (SS Sub Date) after many years of trying to make it happen.

Anywho, nice to join you again and thank you in advance for the knowledge.

Welcome Back! I too have recently rejoined from way back when. Also in SW Fla. Also have a very modest watch collection, still waiting on a Rolex though. Congrats on getting yours!

Welcome Back! I too have recently rejoined from way back when. Also in SW Fla. Also have a very modest watch collection, still waiting on a Rolex though. Congrats on getting yours!

Thanks, Tom! It will happen. Don't settle (for a lesser Rolex that isn't the dream Rolex just to have a Rolex). Get the one that sings to you most on the wrist no matter the price (within reason). You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the welcome.

Top Bottom