What's new

New guy checking in

Hello all,

Just checking in to say hello and give a quick rundown of where I come from…

I’ve used cartridges exclusively with terrible results my whole life. Sensitive skin, coarse beard. I own some art of shaving cream and brush, but only shave when absolutely necessary, or when I just want that smooth skin, and am willing to accept the consequences.

The vast majority of the last 20+ years has been a series of cheap clippers and taking my face down to as low as possible and living with that. Every shave with a cartridge has resulted in major irritation and in-growns so it was almost never worth it.

I went into an antique store with my wife and came across an early Old Spice mug at the beginning of December. I was so excited to use it, that I ruined my neck again with a cartridge razor.

Since then I’ve purchased 3 more OS mugs at antique shops and picked up 3 vintage Gillettes. I shaved last night (after healing from my last attempt) using a ‘65 Slim Adjustable with a Personna blade. There was some irritation at first because I did some across the grain, and (like and idiot) against the grain, which I never do, knowing I was pushing it.

But today my neck shows no redness.
When rubbing against the grain with my fingers now, I feel none of the familiar stinging that I normally have the day after a shave.

I think this is what I’ve needed all along, and I’m excited!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
I uploaded a picture showing an old Williams Mug Soap. This has the puck in it, and it seems to be very old, but I can’t be sure. There’s a WTB in the BST section from a user named Jayboz. I read that WTB as before heading to an antique shop on Sunday and saw that soap so I grabbed it in case Jayboz is still looking, but I can’t message on that chain. I guess I’m too new.

Welcome to B&B, looks like you're off to a good start.

There is a wait period and minimum post count needed to post in the BST section. You can send him a PM though.

Welcome to B&B, looks like you're off to a good start.

There is a wait period and minimum post count needed to post in the BST section. You can send him a PM though.
Thanks! I found those requirements (45 days/50 posts I think)

I tried a private message but it looks like his profile is private. The more I read though, the more I want to use that Williams myself lol.

Welcome. This is the most gentlemanly forum on the internet. Full of great info and even a few off topic but interesting posts.
It helped me a lot in my early research and never steered me wrong.

Top Bottom