What's new

New guy check-in, DE razor, having issues with neck

I'm in my seventh decade and as an adult have been through every permutation of plastic throwaways, Mach 2 and 3, etc. For the last three years I've happily returned to DE in a Gillette 1946-47 Super Speed and a 1960 Gillette Fat Boy. I've had three DE years of very satisfying results, BBS even if I wanted to give it that much attention (I don't require. it.). Suddenly, I can't get a close shave no matter how many passes I make. I have varied hot shower hydration before super badger produced lather (Razor Master from Finland), tried just two shaves per Astra Platinum, shaved every day or twice a week, tried passes in every direction except standing on my head, experimented with various blade angles, took a luxuriously long time being careful in every troublesome area (I probably get 2 minor nicks a month), started the Fat Boy at a 4 setting and am now laboring at 8, and one fine day last week took . . . wait for it . . . SEVEN passes and still felt the stubble. Hell, one day I stopped and opened the butterfly doors to make sure I actually had a blade in the razor. Any coaching would be appreciated. Is there such a thing as a bad batch of blades? Is tenacious stubble the meaning of life?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Welcome to B&B. As you can see there is enough to start thinking about with just this thread alone.

Top Bottom