What's new

New GSB packaging or fake?

Hello. So I ordered a new pack of 100 GSB on Amazon and the wrapper around blade looks different than before and can’t find any similar pics of them online. Anyone have these same ones? These seem legit but hoping they’re not fakes.
50683AEE-BD13-44E9-87B2-5DD41C03BD93.jpeg
1F566794-5656-4761-9912-CCE73EF972CE.jpeg
ECFD49B9-2E24-4476-BE23-64A013D8A002.jpeg
F3C40836-2395-42EB-AB39-897017E464FC.jpeg
E935234D-0D8C-4A07-9638-21F618105A04.jpeg

Odd they have the previous generation tittle (the dot on the "i") on the wrappers, but the latest version on the tuck and on the blades themselves.

But if they shave well, that's all that really matters!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
What are the odds someone would counterfeit gsb blades down to the packaging? I suppose it could happen but these look ok to me.

Some time ago I ordered 1 or 2 100 packs. Of the 20 tucks in one pack, 19 were double wrapped and the tuck was the old style tuck and one tuck was exactly as yours are pictured. my guess is that the new style has been around for several years and both versions are being sold concurrently.

I am with the consensus, they look OK to me too.

However, ’The proof is in the pudding!’ How do they shave?? :popc::popc:

I think Gillette have changed their packaging, lots of blades now have the paper wrapping branded. Quite a few others have the same kind of wrapping, eg ASP, Nacet, 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless.

I think Gillette have changed their packaging, lots of blades now have the paper wrapping branded. Quite a few others have the same kind of wrapping, eg ASP, Nacet, 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless.
I noticed that new Nacet has logo on paper wrap, shaves same tbh

This has been asked a few times already on the forum. They are real genuine blades.

What are the odds someone would counterfeit gsb blades down to the packaging? I suppose it could happen but these look ok to me.
Trust me, they are doing it. I still have 2 packs of fake GSB. So far I have seen also fake Astra SP (have them), fake Gillette Stainless (stated made in Czech Republic), Polsilver Super Iridium (not the one discussed here that only has "Extra Stainless" on the blade without "Iridium Super"), Gillette Super Thin and Gillette Super Blue. All of them are made in China. There are such factories. Could be found on Alibaba. You send them a vintage Gillette Super Silver, I bet they will make millions for you. You don't wanna shave with them.

Top Bottom