What's new

NEW GROUP! 2 Scent Shavers

Hey Guys
Recently, I have been using one soap/cream lathered in a bowl or on the face for the first pass then, using the same brush, add in a different soap or cream for the second pass. It really works to get two different scent/lather experiences in the same shave. There is still only one brush to clean.

I propose our name to be "2 Scent Shavers" Try it-you probably will enjoy it more than using only one soap.

I am currently in Arko August and here are some recent complementary soap examples.

PXL_20220822_142307814.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220828_150905391.jpg PXL_20220820_150104253.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220816_144751557.PORTRAIT.jpg

If you like the idea, add "2 Scent Shaver" to your signature.

I started September GRUME today. I talked some about using two soaps during the same shave:

1st shave during September GRUME

View attachment 1515196

Jagger 89
Gillette Platinum (7?)
AKA Brushworx (G5C knot)
Proraso Sensitive (1st pass)
Nivea Sensitive (2nd pass)

Hey Guys
It's good to be back in GRUME. Last month I went on a shaving spending spree and definitely think I need more restraint when considering shaving items. This month I also want to be more thoughtful and use good judgement on other things I buy. One (slight) justification for the new goodies in August is because this month I will have my 68th birthday. All the purchases last month are considered my birthday presents.

Last month I had fun during Arko August. I kinda got in the habit of using one cream/soap during the first pass and a different soap during the second pass. In my experience, this enhances my shaving satisfaction and enjoyment. And so it was today. I had a great shave! The AKA brush was soft, luxurious and applied the cream smoothly. Both creams claim to be good for sensitive skin but today I give the edge to the Nivea. To be fair, the next time I use this pairing together, I will use the Nivea first and see if that makes a difference. During the entire shave I used cool water.
Tip: I keep a liner in the trash basket and always squeeze the excess lather in the waste basket to prevent the drain from getting clogged.

I look forward to reading everybody's experience this month.

Hey Guys!
I want to explain my thinking about using two soaps during a shave. This is new for me but my current strategy is to use a clean, calm or neutral soap for the first pass. I like to use a bowl so I can observe the lathering process more closely- and get a whiff of the scent. After the first pass, I squeeze most of the lather out of the brush and add the second soap- something refreshing, exciting, cooling or whatever effect I want. It is really simple and I enjoy the nice sensory transition during the shave.
This is a partial quote from my post in the September GRUME thread. I hope someone will give it a try and leave some feedback.

PXL_20220902_124051052.jpg

I chose the lavender soap in an attempt to stay calm, balanced, relaxed and enjoy the shave. On the second pass, I went for the chilling and exciting effect of the Stirling soap. I reinforced the mood with the Nivea cooling balm

1662240672782.png

Top Bottom