What's new

New Gillette?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It's stuck in the stone next to Excalibur!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I heard that the plan is to buy 1,000 weishi's, stamp the Gillette logo on the bottom, number them 1-1000, and then sell them for $500 a pop as a "numbered" limited edition at Art of Shaving stores. It comes with 5 limited edition Gillette silver blues, but additional packs of 5 blades will be $10.00. When they sell out in a single day, the boys in Boston will laugh, and laugh, and laugh. God bless 'em.

Don't hold you breath! And start saving up as AOS will likely want a bit less than the price of a new car!

I shudder to imagine what Absurdly Overpriced Shaving would charge for a new Gillette razor that won't be any better than any vintage Gillette instrument that can be found for less than $25. In any case, this rumor has been circulating for years with no hard evidence that it will ever appear.

I shudder to imagine what Absurdly Overpriced Shaving would charge for a new Gillette razor that won't be any better than any vintage Gillette instrument that can be found for less than $25. In any case, this rumor has been circulating for years with no hard evidence that it will ever appear.
Unfortunately, I agree. I think that if it was going to happen, it would have happened when the posters came out showing a Tech. (I suspect the posters were part of a larger marketing push which would have included the razor.) The only other obvious opportunity would have been as part of the Kingsman promotion.

Personally, I think the plans were there but the razor got cancelled. It would be interesting to hear the reason, though. My suspicion has always been that either there were manufacturing issues (like the ones that Rockwell contends with) or that they bombed with a focus group of shavers used to a more modern DE.

I feel like I have heard about one in the works for at least the 2 years I have been on this site. I got my Timeless, EJ DE89, and Fatboy Adjustable. I feel like I am set but, if this were to come out I know it would sell well in our big community.

I feel like @Salty O'Rourke and @jruschme are right and they have moved in a different direction.

There has been a thread going on about this for a loooooong time. It came out already:
Kingsman Collection Safety Razor | The Art of Shaving

Gillette isn't introducing a "new" DE, they simply put out a new fancy handle that is paired with their regular straight bar DE head that AOS sells. It's not even a Gillette made head nor is the handle labeled as Gillette. It's an AOS exclusive and it is a co-marketing campaign with the sequel to that "Kingsman" movie that came out not too long ago.

Cool handle. Worth almost $100? NOPE.

There has been a thread going on about this for a loooooong time. It came out already:
Kingsman Collection Safety Razor | The Art of Shaving

Gillette isn't introducing a "new" DE, they simply put out a new fancy handle that is paired with their regular straight bar DE head that AOS sells. It's not even a Gillette made head nor is the handle labeled as Gillette. It's an AOS exclusive and it is a co-marketing campaign with the sequel to that "Kingsman" movie that came out not too long ago.

Cool handle. Worth almost $100? NOPE.

Wow. I actually wasn't that far off with my joke about a rebadged Weishi. Instead, they did a rebadged DE89, but at 7x the cost of everybody else. Now I feel kind of sad. :(

I guess on the bright side, they sell Gillette Silver Blues for only 5x the cost of everybody else, so there's that...

Last edited:
The handle design seems to take its cue from the New Improved like the Tuckaway and Bostonian. But the head looks a lot like a DE 89. No where does it say what it’s made of. It better be made of brass or stainless for $95. Am I a buyer? Even if it will give me a shave like an Old Type, I don’t think so.

I can't hold my breath much longer... :a46:
Nor can I......
10284200718.jpg

We have a better chance of seeing the Gillette Guard (the actual branded "Guard" not the new Treo system using the guard head) for sale in the US then a legit "new" Gillette DE. They are marketing the guard in countries, like India, to the lower economic classes who were still using a DE everyday. The guard is neither fantastic nor terrible, it serves it's intended purpose well BUT I sincerely hope they don't try to push it over to Russia because I love me some Astra greens!

Top Bottom