What's new

New Gillette Razor - Treo uses Gillette Guard cartridges.

I used the guard two days in a row, the first day with barbasol and the second day with proraso white and my Omega synth. Overall it's not a bad razor and my experience seems to mirror most everyone else's: it's not as clog proof as I was expecting, atg is ok but it hits a point where it just doesn't want to remove more hair, very easy to use, I could see occasional use for face but headshaving is where this would really shine, Suitable for airline travel and can provide easy DFS (which should be fine for most business travel). I think this also would be a great camping razor for when you don't need BBS but still want to wipe off your daily scruff with minimal time and water.

Will it replace my DE's? No, but it does exactly what I wanted which is provide me a better alternative to the orange bics. I too will be keeping some guard carts around just in case.

I used the guard two days in a row, the first day with barbasol and the second day with proraso white and my Omega synth. Overall it's not a bad razor and my experience seems to mirror most everyone else's: it's not as clog proof as I was expecting, atg is ok but it hits a point where it just doesn't want to remove more hair, very easy to use, I could see occasional use for face but headshaving is where this would really shine, Suitable for airline travel and can provide easy DFS (which should be fine for most business travel). I think this also would be a great camping razor for when you don't need BBS but still want to wipe off your daily scruff with minimal time and water.

Will it replace my DE's? No, but it does exactly what I wanted which is provide me a better alternative to the orange bics. I too will be keeping some guard carts around just in case.
It was specifically designed to shave under conditions like inadequate lather, minimal shave prep etc & to give a blood free shave under these conditions. A really close shave is not its forte. If I want a close shave, I follow it with a DE or another cart.
I would advise against using it ATG. It can give irritation.

I just got my shipment of three razors + 15 carts (they actually sent me 16 though :)) from an ebay seller in India.

11 days from India to my mailbox! That is simply amazing, given I wasn't expecting it till sometime much later.

The Guard isn't a razor I will use everyday but it will have a place in the shave cabinet for sure.

I recently started head shaving again and have to say I think the guard is my favorite razor I've used on my head. Quick and easy shave of a headblade or stick cart razor but the closeness and no irritation of a de razor. It's really the best of both worlds. Using the guard ATG on my head gives me a perfect BBS but I agree with @Try em all that ATG on the face/neck can give some irritation.

Reading through this thread, do people not realize that this thing was designed for caregivers to shave those who cannot shave themselves? The design the the razor head and handle is for care facilities and personnel to shave those they care for.

We give Gillette a ton of fizz-pa-diddley-doo here for some of the stuff they do with their razors, but I think they should at least be applauded for the attempt here. Their cartridge razors at the very least do a very good job of preventing cuts and I can only imagine a properly angled device for third party use would make that event safer.

Gillette TREO | Handle with Care

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading through this thread, do people not realize that this thing was designed for caregivers to shave those who cannot shave themselves? The design the the razor head and handle is for care facilities and personnel to shave those they care for.

We give Gillette a ton of fizz-pa-diddley-doo here for some of the stuff they do with their razors, but I think they should at least be applauded for the attempt here. Their cartridge razors at the very least do a very good job of preventing cuts and I can only imagine a properly angled device for third party use would make that event safer.

Gillette TREO | Handle with Care

I (as well as many others earlier in this thread) do applaud Gillette for finally putting care first and profit second BUT at the end of the day we are talking about a new shaving implement on a shaving forum so one can expect the average B&B'er to get atleast a little excited. Also stated by several people in this thread so far: many US based consumers actually like the Gillette Guard and this may increase the availability.

I personally would have no issue using this as a travel head shaver and don't feel as though I'm taking something away from someone with physical limitations... It's not like we are taking their medications or wheelchair or something. If anything the high interest in this product will increase sales of said product in turn increasing availability to those who truly need it and not just those who want it.

I mean, for example, electric scooters where designed for people with actual physical limitations not for people who eat McDonald's 3 times a day everyday but have you looked around your local Walmart lately?

It's also funny that someone is concerned about a younger wet shaver wanting to use a razor designed for an elderly person who needs help shaving saying that it's not made for them and to applaud a company for thinking of a product like this yet not once mentions the fact that if you consider Gillette's pricing strategy and history these things will probably cost $5-$10 a piece (I'm assuming) for something they want you to use once. So is gouging the pockets of an elderly and/or disabled person as well as their respective care-givers better then some of us simply wanting to try a new product?

I digress...
A free sample from Gillette just came in today:
IMG_20171106_174346958.jpg IMG_20171106_174334385.jpg IMG_20171106_174321505.jpg

I can tell you absolutely for sure it is a guard cart. The "gel" in the tube isn't what I was expecting, it's not thick and gooey but more on the watery side. Similar to the feel of cremo. The scent also surprised me, I thought Gillette would have just used one of their various over-scented highschool locker room gel's but it's actually quite mild and pleasant.

Advice that is given to wait 30 seconds before shaving is what I follow when using gillette foamy, works wonderful every time

Top Bottom