What's new

NEW GILLETTE DE Razor

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B

Haven't seen that one yet. At least they take the mystery out of where it's made.

How did you find out about the release?

Agree, but this is great news for us DE fans. Gillette must be focusing on DE once again, which to me is promising news.
The king is back!!!!

A DE razor friend in USA sent me an Email. I'm from the UK and can't wait for it to land here.

Anything Gillette in the DE range will sell. It does look a nice razor. Granted it looks generic similar to the Heritage, but.... Anything Gillette launches in a DE means there is a market for them.

Guys, first time poster from the UK. Wish me well.
A Gillette DE razor has been launched available in Walgreens. News coming through. Link below from Walgreens website.
We know all about this already -> Not excited myself -> don't care for another copy of the copy of the copy...

They will have hard times convincing they're selling me a Gillette razor. Not even close, eh!

They are selling/sold it as an edger for beard lines and sideburns. That whirring sound you hear is King Gillette AND Henry Gaisman rolling in their graves. Jacob Schick is probably okay with it.
The stuff Col. Schick invented and put his name on -- the Repeating Razors and first electrics -- were without exception quality stuff. As far as I know King Gillette did nothing in terms of razor innovation or design after his original patent and subsequent sale of his majority interest. He didn't seem to mind the company putting his image on blades prone to snapping all through the 20s.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

They are selling/sold it as an edger for beard lines and sideburns. That whirring sound you hear is King Gillette AND Henry Gaisman rolling in their graves. Jacob Schick is probably okay with it.

All the razors including the carts in the new King C Gillette line are listed as edgers also. They are trying to bring in the beard crowd. Whether that works has yet to be seen.

Even though it looks like another razor with the DE89 head, Gillette seems to have an interest in the DE market. They must feel that there is a big enough market to turn a profit.

Not surprised since the one they were selling on Amazon sold out pretty quickly. Looks like the head is a Muhle R89. The handle is different from the Common Bar handle they were selling on Amazon. I actually prefer the common bar handle to this one. And the Amazon razor was sold in a kit that had a nice case and a place for a tuck of blades only $5 more. But it's nice to see that Gillette sees enough business from selling double edge razors.

I think we deserve better. Make something flashy and make it in America. The heritage was better.

I agree. At this point I think we want to see something more substantial and true to the Gillette heritage. I'd like to see a stainless steel or at least brass razor handle and a totally new and innovative head, also brass or stainless steel. But I doubt Gillette will go that way because that would limit their ability to sell tons of them. They make money on volume. Hence, this is what we see from them. I didn't buy the Amazon razor and won't be buying this one either. Show me something new and different made of a metal that will last forever and I'll consider it.

Top Bottom