What's new

New Gillette Blade (Gillette Winner Stainless)

Someone flagged this for me another forum and I thought it could be of interest here as well.

proxy.php

It's on Ebay, only the one seller right now.

Good to see Gillette releasing a fair number of new blades over the last 12 or so months.

Platinum version.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new stainlees steel model is just a 365 or Permasharp in a Winner packaging. But I will have to buy some and try.

I just saw these myself and ordered 100. I bought a pack of the Winner platinum and wasn't terribly impressed. Nothing special about those, in my opinion. But I had an extra $8 lying around.

Received my blades today. It will be at least 6-7 days until I try them. But there is something interesting. The back of the pack says "Manufactured by Vertice Global Pvt." So these are only marketed by Gillette India, but manufactured by a subcontractor. Seems strange to me. And in that case I don't think these will be Permasharps or 365 in just another packaging.

Received my blades today. It will be at least 6-7 days until I try them. But there is something interesting. The back of the pack says "Manufactured by Vertice Global Pvt." So these are only marketed by Gillette India, but manufactured by a subcontractor. Seems strange to me. And in that case I don't think these will be Permasharps or 365 in just another packaging.

Interesting. Vertice is on some of the Euromax blades. All of the Euromax blades packages look suspiciously like other brands.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I have Gillette Winner Platinum Coated. Still haven't tried them, but people say they are good.

Ok so they have the face of Sachin Tendulkar one of the most celebrated legends in the world of international cricket. Cricket playing nation members would recognize him

This means Gillette is pitching this blade big time and a huge spend on a DE blade which I have never seen before in India.

Sadly I haven't seen the blade around yet !

Edit : browsed local amazon and found them 100 blades for 4.5 dollars. They should arrive early next week!

Last edited:
There is a thread about the Winner Platinums. Winner blades by Gillette India - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/winner-blades-by-gillette-india.570892/ And at least 2 more. The Platinums are just Indian Wilkinson Sword repackaged. I am 100% positive. Tried 8 blades in different razors. I have been using the Indian Wilkinsons for too many years to be mistaken.

Package says platinum coated and made in HP plant of Gillette in Indian. These are not the Chinese wilkies but perhaps the India made saloon version repackaged, except that they might have a coating of platinum.

What does HP Plant mean? I didn't say they are the Chinese made ones. The Winner Platinum is the Indian Wilkinson [that includes the Saloon pack]. I remember reading somwhere in a pricelist or a product description many years ago that the Indian Wilkinsons are Platinum coated, although it doesn't say so on the package. It has always made a perfect sense to me, since I can get a BBS with them only in very aggressive razors.

What does HP Plant mean? I didn't say they are the Chinese made ones. The Winner Platinum is the Indian Wilkinson [that includes the Saloon pack]. I remember reading somwhere in a pricelist or a product description many years ago that the Indian Wilkinsons are Platinum coated, although it doesn't say so on the package. It has always made a perfect sense to me, since I can get a BBS with them only in very aggressive razors.

I've been seeing Gillette make their Indian blades in this New manufacturing site in a state of India called Himachal Pradesh. Hence HP plant. Its a state in the North of India and literally means "lap of Himalayas" hence the name.

This blade explicitly says platinum coated. Wilkinson swords have never said that anywhere on the package.

This blade explicitly says platinum coated. Wilkinson swords have never said that anywhere on the package.
So what? It doesn't necessarily mean there is no platinum in the coating. It is just a marketing trick to make you buy the pack with the word Platinum since it is a new product
I am telling you what my face and whiskers tell me.

So what? It doesn't necessarily mean there is no platinum in the coating. It is just a marketing trick to make you buy the pack with the word Platinum since it is a new product
I am telling you what my face and whiskers tell me.
Good for you ! Enjoy your shaves

Ok so they have the face of Sachin Tendulkar one of the most celebrated legends in the world of international cricket. Cricket playing nation members would recognize him

This means Gillette is pitching this blade big time and a huge spend on a DE blade which I have never seen before in India.

Sadly I haven't seen the blade around yet !

Edit : browsed local amazon and found them 100 blades for 4.5 dollars. They should arrive early next week!

Tendulkar has been working with Gillette for about a year and a half now, I guess. This ad ran over a year ago when the platinum-coated blades came out

IIRC he started when the barbershop girls of India went viral in May of 2019 (which feels like about a lifetime ago now, to be honest...) There was a tweet where he got a shave from them and gave them a scholarship from Gillette.

Top Bottom