What's new

New Gillette Blade (Gillette Winner Stainless)

That makes the decision to out source the Winner blades even stranger! I'm not aware of any other Gillette blades that are outsourced? (I read that their China plants are both Joint Ventures; one with Shanghai Razor Blade Factory and one with Shenmei Daily Use Products Ltd; so still within the Gillette Group of companies)

While I do not know about the Gillette China factory, I do know that Gillette in Russia Petersburg Products is a joint venture. It is not out of the question about other Gillette plants.

My Winner stainless came in yesterday. Only took a month to be delivered. First try this morning. Using a Tech, which is not my go to...it was ok. Maybe good. Not really a complaint about the first shave.

That makes the decision to out source the Winner blades even stranger! I'm not aware of any other Gillette blades that are outsourced? (I read that their China plants are both Joint Ventures; one with Shanghai Razor Blade Factory and one with Shenmei Daily Use Products Ltd; so still within the Gillette Group of companies)

In India many major companies outsource manufacturing in a captive exclusive rights setup. I suspect it could be due to some laws which support local state manufacturing by way of tax and others. Also Gillette would want to lower operational cost and hence outside of key machinery and designs involved the opex cost could further lower market price for product.

In India many major companies outsource manufacturing in a captive exclusive rights setup. I suspect it could be due to some laws which support local state manufacturing by way of tax and others. Also Gillette would want to lower operational cost and hence outside of key machinery and designs involved the opex cost could further lower market price for product.

I'm not sure that it would affect their opex much, as they already have everything set up to produce blades at their own plants and will have designed the packaging etc already (and I imagine paid Tendulkar a rather large sum to have his face on the pack). Tax and local state manufacturing could be it, it also looks like Vertice Global is fairly new so it could always be that if the blades work out Gillette will look to buy over or buy into the plant and take out some competition.

I'm not sure that it would affect their opex much, as they already have everything set up to produce blades at their own plants and will have designed the packaging etc already (and I imagine paid Tendulkar a rather large sum to have his face on the pack). Tax and local state manufacturing could be it, it also looks like Vertice Global is fairly new so it could always be that if the blades work out Gillette will look to buy over or buy into the plant and take out some competition.

This will give a good perspective.

I used a second blade today. This time in the Yintal 3-piece which is aggressive. Yintal black handle razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/yintal-black-handle-razor.545116/ I have to say it was pretty bad. I used the Omega tube since it is more protective. This blade has the propensity to bite suddenly. Especially at the chin or around it. Got 4 cuts which is rare with me. After pass 2 started relathering for a third one and felt a strong stinging. Decided to stop after 2 passes. Had to put on the Nivea balm.
The only blade that has the sudden biting character I tried is the Treet Platinum. And I have tried more than 150. Let's not forget the Winner blade bears the Gillette logo but is made by Vertice Global. So for me personally this blade is a disgrace. Should't have bought a 100 of them. Serves me right. (I did the same with the Treet Platinum) :lol:

Something I have noticed about Winner Stainless. And a couple of months I thought I was imagining things. The blade dimensions are not up to scratch. First it was a 3 piece Gillette, then later the Progress, and today the Knack. The blade often sits so that the exposure is not equal on both sides. And that is not a very small difference, quite easy to see.

Top Bottom