What's new

New Gillette 2 blades cart: The Gillette Skinguard!

20230521_145651.jpg

Update: I tried my first shave last week with the Gillette skin guard on the face with a couple days worth of growth and a brand new cartridge to give it a fair chance. The shave was horrible I did three passes and it left patches that weren't even shaved on my face. I ended up having to do a fourth pass against the grain with my Schick injector type I2. I had severe irritation, but the good news was no ingrown hairs. So for me as a face shaver the skin guard is a no go. I think it doesn't work for me because I have coarse facial hair, and it grows in all different directions. As a head shaver it is my favorite of all my razors.I get 10 head shaves out of a cartridge, no irritation, no blood and gives me awesome head shaves.

Gillette Launches SkinGuard, A Unique Razor Clinically Proven for Sensitive Skin

proxy.php

proxy.php

So it seems Gillette's latest innovation is removing blades from razors.
When everybody told you 5 blades (or 6 or 7) are better than one, Gillette introduces
the new iteration of "The best a man can get".

proxy.php

What do you think about it?
I personally think it will work great for me, but what do I know?
That head is huge, precisely why I have tried and immediately tossed all cartridge razors I have used that have more than 2 blades.
Its like all the downside of multiblade cartridges without any upside.
I'll stick with my Sensor for now

Top Bottom