What's new

New gds from Amazon

Got these today. Ordered from Amazon. Quick ship from China. These and all that will be sold on Amazon will be no stabilizers. Haven't honed them yet but will soon. One is acrylic and the other ebony wood. Thickish but not the knife scales that the Titans had.
1504905154388-917599505.jpg

I'm curious to hear how they hone up. Are the spines as thick and meaty as the 66's? Or are they a little more on the normal side?

I have been very curious about these as well. I ordered the W59 blade and should have it in hand next week. I will be watching this thread to see how well these hone for you.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I honestly don't see why they can't make a simple honest 16.5 degree razor. 19 degrees just doesn't thrill me. But the lack of stabilizer is a step in the right direction, yeah.

Honed the ebony wood one today. It popped hairs with the edge on it already which is a good thing. Anyway there was a tiny bit of correction needed at the heel. I went to work on the 1k to remedy it. Slight hook developed which I remedied on the side of the 1k. Then 3k to 5k to 10k then to a select coti water only. Good 80 laps on my flax and 80 on my kanayama. Great shave. I get the same use value from these as I get from anything. Great newb razor for someone looking for better scales and fit and finish. The razor does sit flat in the hone. Great deal imo. I paid $17 bucks shipped and got it quickly. You can always get a 66 and doll it up and rescale. But if you don't want to bother these new models may be what you need.

Top Bottom