What's new

New GD 207, Theres real gold on them Gold Dollars!

Heres a new GD 207, gold wash as you can see, appears to be an edge on visually but doesnt grab hair. Have to put this one on the stones and see. GD like scales, new insignia. I hear theyre $5 plus ship for 100. Not looking for any but something new is always worth a look. When I get this one honed I will let you know about geometry etc. Gold
rush! LOL.

$20160715_192830.jpg$20160715_192835.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Lipstick on a pig. No point in etching and gold wash on a razor that needs to be reground, sanded, and polished. JMO. Don't get me wrong cause I love my GDs, but what is the point?

No point. Just a new razor. And i dont find grinding sanding or polishing necessary. 90 second bevel set out of the box.

Honed and shaved that just now. Hit the bevel with 600 chosera. Bevel was on. 1k chosera nakayama iromono vintage with some atoma slurry, then finished on a hard takashima I got from takeda with atoma slurry . Great shave, took about 6 minutes to hone as is typical, no sanding, no thinning, no polishing. Just hone it. I been shaving with a Feon 7/8 NOS lately and neither blade has one over the other for shave quality. Had to break out the MdC and Simpson Chubby 3 in super for the momentous occasion of shaving with a gold washed gd!

It wore off at the spine where i honed it like.any other. I wasnt going to tape it. I dont tape any of my personal razors.

Honed and shaved that just now. Hit the bevel with 600 chosera. Bevel was on. 1k chosera nakayama iromono vintage with some atoma slurry, then finished on a hard takashima I got from takeda with atoma slurry . Great shave, took about 6 minutes to hone as is typical, no sanding, no thinning, no polishing. Just hone it. I been shaving with a Feon 7/8 NOS lately and neither blade has one over the other for shave quality. Had to break out the MdC and Simpson Chubby 3 in super for the momentous occasion of shaving with a gold washed gd!

Please Sir,

Where did you buy the GD 207?

They are available in bulk at the moment as far as i know. Pal of mine sells them honed and did me a favor and sent me one. I would imagine they will be around soon if not already.

Top Bottom