What's new

New FS 26mm finest with faux horn has landed (pic heavey)

Guys this little monster has arrived today just after I finished my morning shave so it'll be tomorrow befor I can use her. But here are some pics.

1st-straight out of the box
2nd- next to my Duke 2 in best
3rd- with a test lather and clean

and finally post bloom.

The whole brush to me is enormous, a 26mm knot and a loft of arounf 52mm, the handle height is around 44mm. After a clean she feels very soft but with some backbone. The handle is well made and appears to have very, very faint swirls on the base, that would be indicative of turning. The finish is very good. If this brush is anything like my FS Scubby it should turn out very nice indeed. I'll let you know in a few days how she fares.

Attachments

• $out of box.jpg
    $out of box.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 336
  • $next duke.jpg
    $next duke.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 359
  • $test lather.jpg
    $test lather.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 339
  • $FS Large post bloom.jpg
    $FS Large post bloom.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 339
FS chubby is great looking brush i dont have one but i do have 10+ FS finest two band badger knots. im adding 24mm 26mm and 28mm FS finest two band restored brushes.(middle one is same 26mm knot with FS chubby) Seller called them manchuria region badger hair indeed.They are white and soft tips but have quite good backbone as well lastly very minor scritcy.
Regards.

Attachments

• $wm_normal_restore_fs_manchuria_badger.jpg
    $wm_normal_restore_fs_manchuria_badger.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 322
In terms of softness, is the FS softer then the duke ?
Guys this little monster has arrived today just after I finished my morning shave so it'll be tomorrow befor I can use her. But here are some pics.

1st-straight out of the box
2nd- next to my Duke 2 in best
3rd- with a test lather and clean

and finally post bloom.

The whole brush to me is enormous, a 26mm knot and a loft of arounf 52mm, the handle height is around 44mm. After a clean she feels very soft but with some backbone. The handle is well made and appears to have very, very faint swirls on the base, that would be indicative of turning. The finish is very good. If this brush is anything like my FS Scubby it should turn out very nice indeed. I'll let you know in a few days how she fares.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I really like the bigger FS silvertips. Excellent value. The biggest bang for the buck, hands-down.

Couldnt resist so went for a shave (at the sink) at around 4PM, a little stubble so I could justify the shave. Any how I went with,

Proraso pre & post shave
Proraso soap
New shark SS
Fatip Piccolo
444 and Pitralon AS

and the new FS.

Soaked just the tips and swirled for about 10 secs in the soap (just the tips), nice amount taken up. Wright then onto the face. Sweet lordy....this is for me a big brush but she is soft, still has a decent amount of back bone, kinda like the Duke 2 in best but with the softness staying at the tips not being through out the whole hair. Anyhow a great lather was made on the face and off I set with the Fatip, NO PRESSURE. Two pass and bingo BBS. There was still a load of lather in the brush but this was probably down to me swirling too long in the dish. Going for the same set up tomorrow morning. What I can say is for me this is at the moment the best 'big' brush I have and is well worth the £28 inc postage. No funky smell either or any shedding, yep thats right not a single hair but we shall see.

The wife took a look and went "Ooooo, big man with a big...erm, brush" so thats a ringing endorsment.

Looks nice! Be sure to give us an update after you have had the chance to use it a few times.

ell she's bloomed very nicely and loves Proraso soap. I've found that just having wet tips is the way to go. A nice lather has been made as I say with Proraso and both Arko, Derby and Latoja sticks.

In terms of softness, is the FS softer then the duke ?

As the loft is a little longer and the FS is not as flat topped as my duke two it's hard to say wether it's softer or not. The FS is certainly bigger so default covers a bigger area, the Duke 2 is a smaller knot so requires a little less moisture. The FS was £28 while the Duke was £58. So side by side I'd take the Duke as I prefer a smaller brush. But for the money the FS is of the moment.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Congratulations on your stunning success with your new FS brush, Stu. I like them, myself, though I can't say I have had one that didn't shed ANY hair. Mine always drop a few when I first use them, and one or two occasionally thereafter. Too bad the price went up so drastically. Until 3 or 4 months ago, they were an incredible value for the money. Still not bad, though.

Thanks guys. She does shave very nicley. As for 'knot lean' well here's a a pic from a few mins ago. Used this morning around 8AM, looks ok to me, and has bloomed beutifully.

Attachments

• $DSCF2345.jpg
    $DSCF2345.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 161
So I received the tracking number from Ian today[FONT=arial, sans-serif] and a message that it was shipped on Monday.

Is there a site I can track the package from? Tracking number is [/FONT]RA563955189CN

Nice brush! It being a "bigger" brush, curious why your just wetting the tips? Do you keep the rest of the brush dry? What benefits do you get from this?

I ask as I've recently purchased a big brush. Love it, but am still honing in on its optimal use and I've never taken this approach...

I have been following another thread in which a gentleman had received a defective brush. The knot had been inserted crooked and I believe there was much more loft than described resulting in floppy brush. So my initial impressions were not good. Since reading here, I must say that I am quite interested in getting one to try.

I have been following another thread in which a gentleman had received a defective brush. The knot had been inserted crooked and I believe there was much more loft than described resulting in floppy brush. So my initial impressions were not good. Since reading here, I must say that I am quite interested in getting one to try.

You can get a custom brush at whatever loft you want from him. I ordered mine 25/48 extra stuffed, took 3 weeks to make but it's now on it's way.

Top Bottom