What's new

New fragrance that I'm excited about

After reading your initial reviews I became curious and checked out the homepage. I sent an email that was responded to fairly quickly and, long story short, received samples of all 3 fragrances yesterday. I tried the signature scent this morning.
I am not very adept at describing scents, but your review seemed very accurate to me. I did catch a hint of grapefruit initially, but it was mostly bergamot with the pepper lurking. It did calm to the basenotes very quickly and that is where it gets amazing.
The cedar seems dominant to my nose, with the vetiver grounding it. It has been about 9 hours now and I'm still not getting much patchouli, which is ok by me.
Strong scent but not obnoxiously so, with very good longevity. I'm liking it a lot and am looking forward to its release.
Going to give Noir a go tomorrow. :thumbup1:

Which was this, Montecristo Signature or Blanc? Both are very good, and can't wait to hear what you think of Blanc and Noir ;-)

After reading your initial reviews I became curious and checked out the homepage. I sent an email that was responded to fairly quickly and, long story short, received samples of all 3 fragrances yesterday. I tried the signature scent this morning.
I am not very adept at describing scents, but your review seemed very accurate to me. I did catch a hint of grapefruit initially, but it was mostly bergamot with the pepper lurking. It did calm to the basenotes very quickly and that is where it gets amazing.
The cedar seems dominant to my nose, with the vetiver grounding it. It has been about 9 hours now and I'm still not getting much patchouli, which is ok by me.
Strong scent but not obnoxiously so, with very good longevity. I'm liking it a lot and am looking forward to its release.
Going to give Noir a go tomorrow. :thumbup1:

Funny you mention this as I did the exact same thing and got my samples two days ago as well :biggrin1: (just hadn't gotten around to updating this post with opinions). I really like the MonteCristo Signature, the cedar and pepper are definitely a favorite scent of mine. I also get just a small hint of grapefruit at the beginning but that lasted only a very short time. I will definitely be looking to purchase at least the signature line once it releases.

I put on the Noir this morning..Wow! I really liked the signature, but this is something special. I'll put a full review on later today or tomorrow, but so far I'm pretty thrilled.

I put on the Noir this morning..Wow! I really liked the signature, but this is something special. I'll put a full review on later today or tomorrow, but so far I'm pretty thrilled.

Noir was one that I initially thought would be a cooler weather fragrance, but after wearing it a bit more decided that it could be worn year round.

I'm wearing Noir today and it reminds me a little bit of Burberry London. For me definitely a fallish scent, but I think it would be fine all year. Regardless I'm really liking these scents and will be purchasing at list the signature and Noir when released.

Ok, so I wore Noir yesterday and today. I'm not at all familiar with Artemisia but I did catch mostly lavender and quite a bit of grapefruit at the open. I noticed it moving into the mid/base notes at around the 15 minute mark as well, and that's where it really shines. Wow, your comparison of "cigar humidor mixed with slightly sweet Virginia pipe tobacco being held in your hands while wearing your favorite leather gloves" was spot on. I've never tried any tobacco scents before, and this one blew me away.
After a few hours it toned down and seemed to blend so well that I had a hard time catching the individual scents that made up the whole. It smelled like a slightly woody vanilla, but more refined. Not something I can describe well, but it was very warm and sensual.
It seems like more of an autumn fragrance to me as well, but I could see wearing it other times of the year. Probably on a special night out. I say again, I really liked the signature and will likely purchase it, but Noir will have a place in my home as soon as it is available.:thumbup1:

Yeah, I'm really bummed that I'm out of Noir. I want to hear your thoughts on Blanc. It's quickly becoming my favorite because it's super versatile, in my eyes. Plus the wife really likes it, which is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if one of the moderators would change the name of this thread to Montecristo parfum

+1 to that. I still haven't tried Blanc. I think I'm afraid that after 2 solid performers the 3rd will be a dud lol.

Look what I received yesterday! The presentation is fantastic, very nice. It comes in a box with a drawstring velvet bag for the bottle. Mille Centum fragrances is doing this right. Not to mention the juice is out of this world

proxy.php

proxy.php

Is this now for sale or are you getting the "friends benefit" to buy it early? I told Marco to please let me know when it was available for purchase as I would be buying at least the signature and noir. Any idea what the price point is going to be for these parfums?

Beautiful! Congrats on the acquisition. I have a feeling that I'll only be able to afford one of them, and trying to narrow it down is painful. I tried Blanc a couple times, was on the fence after the first, but the second sold me. Very bright and refreshing, it has summer written all over it and received a lot of compliments.

Is this now for sale or are you getting the "friends benefit" to buy it early? I told Marco to please let me know when it was available for purchase as I would be buying at least the signature and noir. Any idea what the price point is going to be for these parfums?

It's not yet for sale in the US, but they are working on that very thing. When it does go on sale, the price point will be in the $200 range, which isn't bad for 100ml's of EdP.

Beautiful! Congrats on the acquisition. I have a feeling that I'll only be able to afford one of them, and trying to narrow it down is painful. I tried Blanc a couple times, was on the fence after the first, but the second sold me. Very bright and refreshing, it has summer written all over it and received a lot of compliments.

That's how Blanc was for me too. Took me two wearings and then bam, I loved it.

So far, I like them in this order: Blanc, Noir, Montecristo. That's first impressions, "out of the box", without any amount of time dedicated to each scent.
Impressed with the uniqueness of the scents. I believe they will do well, in my opinion.
Give me the weekend to spend more time with them.
Thanks!

Top Bottom