What's new

New Fragrance Releases

Let's use this thread to post about new fragrances that have either just been released, or are soon to be released. With so many fragrances coming into the market today, it's hard to keep up.

I'll start with a couple of fragrances soon to be released from the French house By Kilian, Amber Oud and Musk Oud.

Amber Oud will reportedly be released in March 2012, and Musk Oud will come later. Both will join By Kilian's Pure Oud, Rose Oud and Incense Oud in the Arabian Nights collection.

With notes including amber, oud, benzoin, Atlas cedar, vanilla and spices, I'm really looking forward to this one.

proxy.php

Dolce & Gabbana will launch The One Sport, a new fragrance for men, in February. The One Sport follows 2008′s The One for Men and 2010′s The One Gentleman.The One Sport is a fresh aromatic patchouli fragrance with watery notes, cardamom, rosemary, musk and Sequoia Forest accord.Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml ($45-73). Expect it to reach the US around March.
proxy.php

Here's one on my radar...

Isabey - L'Ambre de Carthage

proxy.php

Here is what Lucky Scent has to say:

In the 1920s the House of Isabey stood at 20 rue de la Paix and was the destination of the most chic parisians. Its perfumes evoked exotic travels and fantasies inspired by flowers, spices and other fragrant materials. L’Ambre de Carthage of 1924 was hailed as one of the jewels of the perfumed crown. Today Isabey revives the name of L’Ambre de Carthage in a modern masculine fragrance symbolizing the spirit of long, challenging journeys and adventures.

The scent is for those whose life is a journey. Ancient Carthage held a position as one of the capitals of maritime trade; its ports teaming with trade ships transporting the precious cargo of far off lands. L’Ambre de Carthage begins with the crisp notes of Mediterranean citrus and settles into the warm ambery scent of cistus labdunum. The journey proceeds to China where delicate osmanthus flowers and aromatic jasmine tea offers a soft counterpart to the darker notes of olibanum incense. The adventure ends in India, traveling through unknown towns and landscapes finding delight in the earthy scent of patchouli and precious sandalwood.

The journey is never really known or complete. Far into the desert, a sandstorm rises and sweeps everything on its passage.

A new flanker by Dolce & Gabanna is due in March:

Dolce & Gabbana are to launch their latest men's fragrance, The One Sport, next month. The scent will be available at the start of February in the UK, with an Italian launch later in the month. The rest of the world will get to the scent before the Olympics, starting with the US in March.

Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport was created by the teams at P&G Prestige and Givaudan, and features notes of rosemary, cardamom, patchouli, Sequoia wood and patchouli.

I found this helpful list...2012 and 2013 Intro's

Upcoming fragrance launches 2012:

America’s Next Top Model Dream Come True (January)
Annick Goutal Le Muguet, La Violette (limited edition reissues)
Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time (2012)
Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon
By Kilian Amber Oud (March)
Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2012 (March)
Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2012 (March)
Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty (January)
Chloe L’Eau de Chloe (February)
Courreges new fragrance w/ Lorience (May)
Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport (February)
Elie Saab Le Parfum (2012)
Elite Model Management 4 debut mass market fragrances with Coty (February)
Emanuel Ungaro L’Amour Fou (February)
Givenchy Very Irresistible Electric Rose
Heidi Klum Summer Shine (Spring 2012)
Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport (March)
Issey Miyake new fragrance for women (near end of 2012)
Jo Malone London Blooms (White Lilac & Rhubarb, Iris & Lady Moore, Peony & Moss; March)
Kanye West debut fragrance from Parlux (?)
Kim Kardashian True Reflection
Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge / Red (February)
Lady Gaga debut fragrance with Coty (Spring 2012)
Madonna Truth or Dare (March)
Marc Jacobs Splash Hibiscus and Kumquat (early 2012)
Marni debut scent under with Estee Lauder (Autumn 2012)
Mauboussin Mauboussin Rose (January)
Mercedes-Benz for men (early 2012)
Narciso Rodriguez Eau Délicate versions
Nine West Love Fury (January)
Paco Rabanne Black XS L’Excès (January)
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for her (Spring)
Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina (February 2012)
Serge Lutens L’Eau Froide (Spring 2012)
Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y (January, US in September)
Swarovski Aura by Swarovski Collection Mariage (April)
Thierry Mugler Angel Aqua Chic & Alien Aqua Chic (March)
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

2013 or Unknown launch date:

Carven new fragrance for women (?)
Castelbajac new fragrance (?)
Christian Dior Escale a Shanghai (?)
Etat Libre d’Orange Philippine Houseboy (?)
John Varvatos Rock Volume Two (?)
Kenzo Eau de Fleur de Camellia
Louis Vuitton debut fragrance by perfumer Jacques Cavallier
Monique Lhuillier debut scent (?)
Paco Rabanne Victory
Pomellato debut fragrance (ICR-ITF Group, 2013)
Ralph Rucci by Ralph Rucci (?)
Repetto debut fragrance (with InterParfums, 2013)
Tory Burch debut fragrance (2013)
Zac Posen debut fragrance (?)

Mercedes-Benz for men you say, there better be some leather in it. Some good leather, and mahogany.

"The cool top note features Calabrian bergamot, lemon essence and Italian mandarin. The middle note is a warm, spicy mix of bourbon pepper, nutmeg, violet and galbanum resin. The base note provides a spicy finish to the perfume and includes American cedar wood, vetyver grass and patchouli."
Not bad...

I'm interested in the Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Sport.
I'm a little skeptical about the "Sport" name, but IM L'DI PH is such a nice scent.
Wow, that doens't really shorten down nicely.
Anyway, That one's worth a sniff.

I'm interested in the Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Sport.
I'm a little skeptical about the "Sport" name, but IM L'DI PH is such a nice scent.
Wow, that doens't really shorten down nicely.
Anyway, That one's worth a sniff.
LEdI already has a few flankers that I havent even messed with as I really enjoy the original so much, especially in warm weather.

"The cool top note features Calabrian bergamot, lemon essence and Italian mandarin. The middle note is a warm, spicy mix of bourbon pepper, nutmeg, violet and galbanum resin. The base note provides a spicy finish to the perfume and includes American cedar wood, vetyver grass and patchouli."
Not bad...

Yes, not bad.

Mercedes-Benz for men you say, there better be some leather in it. Some good leather, and mahogany.

Hope it's better quality than the cars.

Was thinking that a similar thread (or coverage in this thread if not too off-base) for frags that have recently been or will likely be imminently reformulated to meet new IFRA regulations/restrictions might be interesting/useful.

Jean Paul Gaultier released 'Kokorico' in the US yesterday supposedly.

"The woody cocoa fragrance features notes of fig leaves, raw cacao bean and wood."

Profumum released two new fragrances to finish the 2011 year: Eccelso and Dolce Acqua. As a huge fan of Profumum's clean approach and high quality constructions (
“You don’t always need to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes you just need to make an excellent wheel that gets you where you want to go in style.")
, I am very excited about the release of Eccelso. With notes of bergamot, nutmeg, magnolia, sandalwood, musk, patchouli and labdanum, this one sounds like a real treat ("complex and nuanced, with glimmers of smoke and spice") and I'm very curious to see how the nutmeg plays in here. I anticipate it works very well with the sandalwood and magnolia without giving it a "foody" quality. I will let you know what I think after I try it. Dolce Acqua sounds way too sweet for my tastes, however. Initially, with notes of cocounut, heliotrope, almond, vanilla, and tonka bean, it sounds like a winner - after all, no one does almond like Profumum (think Antico Caruso and Alba) - and a touch of coconut really peaks my interest, but the description of it as a "boozy caramel-like vanilla" sounds more like something my wife would wear.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Histoires de Parfums has also released new fragrances, all based on oud (go figure): Petroleum (mineral), Ambraram (animal) and Rosam (vegetable). Animal, vegetable, mineral? Taken from the Linnean taxonomy of the natural world, I guess, these fragrances have all been described as juxtapositions of perfume elements typically at odds - resinous vs. ozonic, for example; or marine and earthy. HdP isn't a house I typically follow but given the fundamental basis for the construction of these fragrances - and given the house's reputation for high quality construction - I'll be putting these on my "to try" list for 2012, especially given the use of civet in Petroleum. You don't see that everyday!

Petroleum:
oud, bergamot, aldehydes, rose, amber, civet absolute, leather, patchouli and white musk
Ambraram:
pink pepper, elemi, iris, oud, saffron, castoreum, bourbon vanilla, sandalwood and amber
Rosam:
rose, lemon, saffron, frankincense, amber, sandalwood, patchouli and oud

proxy.php

Read a review of Petroleum here: http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/2011/11/histoires-de-parfums-petroleum.html

Something for the ladies - new from Diptyque (I love this house):

Eau Rose:
Bergamot, black currant, Centofilia and Damsak rose, white musk, cedar

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/48385/brand/Diptyque/Eau_Rose.html

Seeing as there is a thread about rose being a masculine scent or not, I should clarify that I mention this particular scent for the ladies only because it reads all the way to the left side of feminine on the lucky scent masculine/feminine meter. I love rose scents as much as the next guy here but I do have my limits and have found certain scents too "girlie" for my tastes.

Last edited:
As per FRAGRANTICA

proxy.php

Viktor & Rolf present the male equivalent of the famous Flowerbomb fragrance (2005) and the second men's fragrance after Antidote (2006) under the name of Spicebomb. The designer duo wanted to give men the fragrance that is Flowerbomb to women, bearing in mind that spices are for masculine scents what flower notes are for feminine.
Spicebomb comes out in January 2012 as an explosive and extrovert oriental - woody and spicy composition. Perfumer Olivier Polge blended spices with sensual undertones; creating two diametrically opposed fragrant accords: 1. the addictive and fiery one and 2. the explosive and icy one. The fiery accord contains notes of chili, saffron, leather, tobacco and vetiver. The explosive one includes bergamot, grapefruit, elemi and pink pepper.
Fabien Baron designed the bottle so it looks like a hand grenade, which “triggers” with the designer’s logo. The face of the campaign is a model Sean O'Pry, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
The fragrance is available as 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette with 200 ml shower gel and 100 ml after shave balm.

Perfume Pyramid

Top Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Middle Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Base Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php

Guerlain DERBY

proxy.php

Guerlain has removed Derby from the Les Parisiennes line and placed it in the Arsene Lupin line alongside Voyou and Dandy. As such, it has been reformulated into EdP concentration. Although it has not lost its Derby "essence," it has become less mossy, less leathery, and more springy-green. From Now Smell This:

"
“New” (reissued) Derby does not have the complexity or heft of original Derby. When I put it on, I immediately smell today’s version of (allowable, IFRA-approved) “moss” — light and bright ... Add to that sheer moss a splash of fizzy galbanum/green notes, bergamot and vetiver and you have new Derby. New Derby smells as if original Derby has been diluted and rejuvenated/freshened (which may suit many people); oak moss seems to have been largely replaced with green notes, and though a ‘sprig’ of fresh flowers (jasmine? “vague” orange blossom?) is apparent in new Derby’s mid-development, new Derby smells more masculine than original Derby. The “spirit” of original Derby is there in the reissue…but without the moss-overdose and mega-sillage. (When applied liberally, new Derby will last on skin an entire day.)"

I received my decant of it just now, which I will test ... one of these days. My gut instincts tell me it was a smart move to go ahead and buy the original vintage EdT and the recently "vintaged" EdT. Just in time, too. But I can't wait to try this in the EdP!

Top Bottom