What's new

New Fragrance Releases

Naomi Goodsir

Bois d'Ascese
notes:
tobacco, whiskey, cinnamon, amber, cistus labdanum, oakmoss, smoked cade wood, Somalian incense

and

Cuir Velours
notes: Leather, tobacco, rum, cistus labdanum, incense, fleur d’immortelle

reviews are sparse but they are all coming in VERY good
but it's $150 for 50mL...

proxy.php

Turtle Vetiver Back
(or Exercise No. 3)
by Isabelle Doyen
LesNez

Vetiver, coconut lactone, violet, mimosa absolute, musk

proxy.php

No doubt the packaging on this is different, especially since this comes in a vaporizer spray bottle instead of the apothecary style flask of No. 2 (Turtle Vetiver Front). With the play on names, this one is likely going to be very similar to the No. 2 with the use of coconut, too. Doesn't matter, Doyen uses a very good quality of vetiver and the concentration is always up there. As an alternativer pairing with coconut this should be very interesting. Looking forward to trying this one.

Machus
by Imaginary Authors

In the 1980's, Justin Machus' father had a fine men's clothing boutique with it's own cologne.

Nearly 30 years later, it was time to revisit that custom 80’s scent. We chose to work closely with Portland based perfumery Imaginary Authors to analyze that powerhouse fragrance and re-imagine it for today’s particular palette.

Each bottle comes with a custom Beckel Canvas bag with black leather cord to protect it from U.V.
Scent Structure
Machus Orange Accord
Cinnamon
Japanese Walnut
Incense
Saffron
Leather

proxy.php

Machus sounds interesting, but I wonder if the incense would take over and dominate the scent for me, like it does in nearly every other scent that contains incense? It's an interesting phenomenon.

Machus is more about the orange accord and leather, actually. Everything else is supportive. The leather does most of the heavy lifting but it's a modern contemporary leather note, not smoky or animalic.

From FRAGRANTICA

Fashion house Armani presented its first masculine fragrance Eau Pour Homme in 1984. Sharp, strong, citrusy and aromatic, this one has become a classic among men's fragrances. Almost 30 years later, in February the 2013, Armani launches a new version of Eau Pour Homme and a brand new nocturnal edition Eau de Nuit.
Eau de Nuit, dark and opulent, combines notes of spices, citruses, cedar and iris. The composition is warmer and more sensual than the debut. It opens with accords of bergamot and pink pepper. Spicy notes of cardamom and nutmeg form the heart of the perfume together with flowers of iris and heliotrope. The base consists of cedar, tonka and amber.
British violinist Charlie Siem and Italian photographer (son of Italian Vogue editor in chief Franca Sozzani) Francesco Carrozzini are chosen as the models for the new fragrances. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Perfume Pyramid

Top Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php
Middle Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Base Notes
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Eau de Nuit Giorgio Armani for men

proxy.php

$nd.17259.jpg
Givenchy launches a new fragrance for men in 2013. Gentlemen Only is a modern homage to the classic fragrance of the house - Givenchy Gentlemen from 1974. This fragrance was once revolutionary amongst masculine fragrance introducing strong and intense woody notes instead of the traditional aromatic and citrusy ones.
Gentlemen Only is intended to men of our times; it is designed around modern woody nuances. The composition opens with fresh and spicy accords of green mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg and birch leaves. Deep and intense woody character is provided by the heart of cedar, patchouli and vetiver. The base captures incense and animalistic notes.
The face of this Givenchy perfume is Australian actor Simon Baker. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with additional after shave lotion, deodorant in spray and in stick.

Coming 2013

I'm looking forward to this!

View attachment 302412
Givenchy launches a new fragrance for men in 2013. Gentlemen Only is a modern homage to the classic fragrance of the house - Givenchy Gentlemen from 1974. This fragrance was once revolutionary amongst masculine fragrance introducing strong and intense woody notes instead of the traditional aromatic and citrusy ones.
Gentlemen Only is intended to men of our times; it is designed around modern woody nuances. The composition opens with fresh and spicy accords of green mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg and birch leaves. Deep and intense woody character is provided by the heart of cedar, patchouli and vetiver. The base captures incense and animalistic notes.
The face of this Givenchy perfume is Australian actor Simon Baker. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with additional after shave lotion, deodorant in spray and in stick.

Coming 2013

I'm looking forward to this!

I do respect Givenchy, but considering the direction of modern men's designer scents, I can't help but think this is going to be a big let down... Light, airy, synthetic, and lasting about 30 minutes. I certainly hope to be proven wrong!

I do respect Givenchy, but considering the direction of modern men's designer scents, I can't help but think this is going to be a big let down... Light, airy, synthetic, and lasting about 30 minutes. I certainly hope to be proven wrong!

I'm sure we all share your reservations but that description - "strong and intense woody notes instead of traditional aromatic and citrusy ones...green mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg and birch leaves...cedar, patchouli and vetiver...incense and animalistic notes" - leads me to believe there's a possibility that Givenchy didn't want to make just another run of the mill fragrances, especially given that Gentleman is something of a hallmark for them in terms of classic masculines. I won't be surprised if I'm disappointed, however.

From FRAGRANTICA

Dries Van Noten Frederic Malle for women and men

proxy.php

MAIN ACCORDS
woody
powdery
musky
balmy
warm spicy

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle is a Oriental Woody fragrance for wo

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Dries Van Noten was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Bruno Jovanovic. The fragrance features citron, sandalwood, guaiac wood, cashmeran, tonka bean, vanilla, saffron, jasmine and musk.

From FRAGRANTICA

Dries Van Noten Frederic Malle for women and men

proxy.php

MAIN ACCORDS
woody
powdery
musky
balmy
warm spicy

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle is a Oriental Woody fragrance for wo

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Dries Van Noten was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Bruno Jovanovic. The fragrance features citron, sandalwood, guaiac wood, cashmeran, tonka bean, vanilla, saffron, jasmine and musk.

That's right!
And there's a new Lutens as well, La Fille de Berlin:

La Fille de Berlin
by Serge Lutens

proxy.php

Serge Lutens will launch La Fille de Berlin, a new fragrance in the “Selective Distribution” series (formerly known as the export range), in February. La Fille de Berlin is a rose-based floriental fragrance, and is being launched in conjunction with his upcoming book of photography, Berlin à Paris. Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin will be available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum. La Fille de Berlin, which “aims to conjure a thorny wild spring rose, powdery and peppery”, will be the only new launch from Serge Lutens this year.

Alba di Seoul
by Santa Maria Novella

A cologne created in honor of the city of Seoul. Its bouquet of fresh green and crisp top notes introduces an intense heart characterized by Korean pine and lead woody oriental base notes. A picture of a conifer forest decorates the box, emphasizing the soul of Alba di Seoul. This picture is by photo artist Bae Bien-U, a well known Korean photographer.

proxy.php

CB I Hate Perfume - 106 - Invisible Monster

proxy.php

"The scent of Invisible Monster is essentially the scent of a rare Chinese orchid that has a brisk lemony perfume balanced against a green jungle riverbank. Contains To Yo Ran Orchid, Sumac, Galbanum, Vetivert, Oakmoss, Cedarwood and specially designed accords that capture the smell of the islands in the Susquehanna River."

proxy.php

OUD FOUGERE
by Agar Aura

Oud Fougère opens with sparking citrus and rose, blending into rich green foresty notes. Reminiscent of a foggy morning, fern leaves heavy with dew, Absinth and lavender provide crisp fresh overtones further sharpened by the greenest Persian galbanum. The vibrant top notes are anchored by a seductive dark foresty base of oud, oakmoss, and patchouli that lasts for hours on end.

$o.21042.jpg

lemon, black pepper, bergamot
orange blossom, Indian davana blossom
ambergris, woody notes

The new perfume, L'Homme Parfum Intense will announce the fall collection by YSL. The warmer and more intense composition is signed by perfumers Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion, created of a blend of citruses, spices, woody and floral notes. The perfume opens with lemon, bergamot and black pepper. Heart of the composition is highlighted with orange blossom and Indian davana blossom (artemisia), along with woody accords and ambergris in drydown.

I'm going to have to try it at least.

Top Bottom