What's new

New Floris Hard Soaps

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Thanks, I am slowly going blind...

It’s easy to miss tacked on to the end of the address.

I would genuinely like to believe what @ask4Edge said, that maybe we’re entering a renaissance of English soaps (ones that will actually produce good lather). However, various comments by the makers during the ‘sodium palmate era’, especially the 3Ts, Pens, and Floris, pretty much have me convinced that they just don’t have a clue and the formula variations are based on what the 3rd party manufacturers want to sell them. They are however, under economic pressure from the artisans, and as much as I dislike most artisan soaps, most of them do produce good lather. So maybe it’s do or die time - I don’t see any future for English sodium palmate hard soaps.

I’d guess about a year or less. There was a ‘potassium stearate’ first soap that was also good according to folks on another forum. Here’s a piece of a post that might be helpful, names omitted....

‘It looks like we have 5 different soap bases now (in sequential order)

• The original tallow
  • Potassium Palmate+
  • Sodium Palmate+ i.e. useless
  • Potassium Palmate + Palm Kernelate
  • Potassium Stearate + cocoa butter’
The ladt two are most recent, the second to last is the one that I have. The oldest posts from this thread were September 2019.

Great summary!! This is the critical information!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Floris UK website appears to have an older formula still listed ☹

Screenshot_20200804-193735_Chrome.jpg

Looks like I'll have to give my bank account a break until they have the new formula listed.

Great news! I might buy some and compare it to the vintage tallow version, I guess it will actually smell better than the tallow version which, in my opinion, doesn't quite capture the scent of the cologne.

can anyone speak on performance? compared to another proven performer perhaps. honestly, I don't have the will to order another dud, but am curious and love the scent.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
89 is now sold out at Fendrihan, too.

@Steve56 you have stirred up some serious interest in a soap everyone thought was done for.

I’m glad that I have a bowl and refill of each. And a sodium palmate Elite which is now a bath soap.

Somehow, I have an uneasy feeling that Floris has noticed that their shaving soaps are selling out and have no clue why....

Top Bottom