What's new

New Floris Hard Soaps

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Floris has reformulated their hard soaps, and they actually lather easily and well now. No blooming needed. The scents were always great, but the previous formula just was not satisfactory. Double thumbs up to Floris and company! Scents are medium strength, post shave is good (shea butter), and both Elite and 89 are available. The scents are of course, made by real perfumers and the stuff artisans can only dream of.

A8289828-E45A-4021-AC85-4B78E397BF0D.jpeg
8F47F83D-568D-4C71-974C-C86D2775FDDB.jpeg

Looks great, Steve!

With current D. R. Harris, Apsley and Floris, appears sort of a renaissance for the old British houses. Hopefully, Geo. F. Trumper will follow suit!

Are both your 89 and Elite Potassium Palmate-first?
(On another forum, a posted picture of the seemingly latest version showed Potassium Stearate as first.)

Steve56

Looks great, Steve!

With current D. R. Harris, Apsley and Floris, appears sort of a renaissance for the old British houses. Hopefully, Geo. F. Trumper will follow suit!

Are both your 89 and Elite Potassium Palmate-first?
(On another forum, a posted picture of the seemingly latest version showed Potassium Stearate as first.)

Yes, both are PP first. I’ve seen other labels too with a little variation in order. I wonder if it’s real or they made a mistake in the labeling?

Floris has reformulated their hard soaps, and they actually lather easily and well now. No blooming needed. The scents were always great, but the previous formula just was not satisfactory. Double thumbs up to Floris and company! Scents are medium strength, post shave is good (shea butter), and both Elite and 89 are available. The scents are of course, made by real perfumers and the stuff artisans can only dream of.

View attachment 1132134View attachment 1132135

is there a upc number??

Steve56

thanks! however looks to be same as old formula.

It isn’t, Check the ingredients list. I have both the old and the new (not sure if I still have the old box). However they may keep the same UPC code? That would explain why people asking for the new formula still get the one with old ingredients.

It isn’t, Check the ingredients list. I have both the old and the new (not sure if I still have the old box). However they may keep the same UPC code? That would explain why people asking for the new formula still get the one with old ingredients.
I was referring to same UPC code, which will confound buyers looking for new formula!

Steve56

When I ordered from Floris US, I asked for the new version. Buyers need to ask for the new version, ‘Potassium Palmate first’.

Steve56

I’d guess about a year or less. There was a ‘potassium stearate’ first soap that was also good according to folks on another forum. Here’s a piece of a post that might be helpful, names omitted....

‘It looks like we have 5 different soap bases now (in sequential order)

• The original tallow
  • Potassium Palmate+
  • Sodium Palmate+ i.e. useless
  • Potassium Palmate + Palm Kernelate
  • Potassium Stearate + cocoa butter’
The ladt two are most recent, the second to last is the one that I have. The oldest posts from this thread were September 2019.

Top Bottom