What's new

New Finds!

I hit a couple of antique shops today and picked up a few things. So how did I do?

Old spice mug and old barbicide glass container I got for fun. Now to the razors:
W&B Sheffield England "Special" in bone scales - $10
Case Red Imp in original scales - $8, I got 20% off because someone had written 10.00 on the scale.
Joseph Allen and Sons Sheffield England in acrylic scales - $20 Originally thought to be ivory but didn't pass the hot pin test.

So as the Capt has been saying, deal or no deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice scores. It was nice of them to write the price ON the razor. At least you got a couple of bucks off and about 10 seconds with a some plastic polish will take that right off.

Nice find. I'd love to get a barbicide jar, but swmbo would most likely frown upon it.

Thanks. I got the barbicide jar for $25 so it wasn't too expensive. I'm not sure what SWMBO will think of it taking up counter space in the bathroom. That's a whole different issue.

Thanks. I got the barbicide jar for $25 so it wasn't too expensive. I'm not sure what SWMBO will think of it taking up counter space in the bathroom. That's a whole different issue.

Lol. I hear ya. My swmbo recently encouraged me to buy a new brush, and let me buy a new strop for my birthday. So I wouldn't want to push her buttons too much.

Those look like a deal to me and I’m not even Howie.

As to the Barbicide jar... (Captain clears throat to announce strategy)

What you do is bring it home and in an over-the-top voice of utter excitement and enthusiasm begin raving about the deal you got; the rarity of it all; the pristine condition. Then with SWMBO watching you carefully and with great ceremony place it on the fireplace mantle. You orient a spotlight to shine on it all the better to highlight it and step back to admire it. Finally - and this is important - lean forward and utter something unintelligible as if noticing something for the first time. Quickly step forward and remove an imaginary speck of dust. Lean back to evaluate and then nod head as if all is right with the world. Turn to SWMBO for the first time with a BIGGGG grin and then...

If you are lucky she will allow it in the bathroom.:innocent:

Those look like a deal to me and I’m not even Howie.

As to the Barbicide jar... (Captain clears throat to announce strategy)

What you do is bring it home and in an over-the-top voice of utter excitement and enthusiasm begin raving about the deal you got; the rarity of it all; the pristine condition. Then with SWMBO watching you carefully and with great ceremony place it on the fireplace mantle. You orient a spotlight to shine on it all the better to highlight it and step back to admire it. Finally - and this is important - lean forward and utter something unintelligible as if noticing something for the first time. Quickly step forward and remove an imaginary speck of dust. Lean back to evaluate and then nod head as if all is right with the world. Turn to SWMBO for the first time with a BIGGGG grin and then...

If you are lucky she will allow it in the bathroom.:innocent:

LOL. I like the idea but don't think it would work in my case. She was with me when I bought it, no mantle and fresh out of spotlights. I put it in there last night and she hasn't said anything so far. If I can make it through today without comment I think I'm good.:thumbup:

Top Bottom