What's new

New Fatip

Thanks for sharing the pics.
That is a pretty razor. I’ve had an eye on a wooden Fatip OC for quite some time. Maybe I’ll splurge on one in 2018.

Quick update, and something of a "discovery" for me. As I said when I started this thread, I got great, close shaves with the Piccolo and no problem with irritation or ingrown hairs. Unfortunately, I started to have both of those problems with the new Fatip Zebrano. It didn't matter whether I used the new head or the one from the Piccolo. I was so frustrated that I listed it for sale on the BST. When it didn't sell, I decided to try it again. But I kept trying to figure out why there was a difference between the Piccolo and Zebrano. The answer was how much pressure I used. With the Piccolo I had to be very gentle, because I was concentrating on keeping hold of the handle and just guiding it over my face. With the Zebrano I brandished it very casually, since gripping its much thicker and longer handle is no challenge for my arthritic fingers. With that insight, I started using the Zebrano and paying attention to using it gently over my face. And now I'm very glad that no one bought it!

You are correct. The FaTip OC needs a light touch, no pressure. I learned that the hard way myself. I love my Nickle Piccolo too. I plan to purchase a second one, a Grande OC if I can find one in Nickle.

Top Bottom