What's new

New fatboy was closing properly now the door are loose

Got a used Fatboy from e-bay (2 weeks ago).
Got it cleaned by myself and rhodium plated (locally here in dubai)

Used it for at least 5 times and it was functioning 100% great.
Just when I have just started enjoying it a problem happend:

The doors closes all the way down but it is still way too loose (with or without the blade in it).

I also noticed that while the doors are fully locked i can change the adjustment knob, which was not the case before (could only change adjustment knob if if open the door)

Also noticed at the same time that their is a lot of squishing sound now coming while opening or closing the door (before it was very smooth)

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Last edited:
The loose door is easily rectified by pushing the end bars around with a pair of pliers (be careful not to mark the rhodium though). Some tape on the end bars will help to protect the finish.

If the operation of the open/close/adjustment is suspect, then it is possible that the spring in the base of the handle has broken - I've not seen this happen but it is possible.

If your Fatboy is a pre G date code, it will have a nut in the base of the handle with two notches. The nut can be screwed off to expose the spring and to remove the whole centre bar/doors assembly. I made a tool to fit the notches by filing down the ends of a pair of Circlip pliers.

If your razor is a G date code it will have a crimped end nut that's a bit more difficult to remove/replace.

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Dave

Last edited:
The loose door is easily rectified by pushing the end bars around with a pair of pliers (be careful not to mark the rhodium though). Some tape on the end bars will help to protect the finish.

If the operation of the open/close/adjustment is suspect, then it is possible that the spring in the base of the handle has broken - I've not seen this happen but it is possible.

If your Fatboy is a pre G date code, it will have a nut in the base of the handle with two notches. The nut can be screwed off to expose the spring and to remove the whole centre bar/doors assembly. I made a tool to fit the notches by filing down the ends of a pair of Circlip pliers.

If your razor is a G date code it will have a crimped end nut that's a bit more difficult to remove/replace.

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Dave

Sure seems like a lot of very useful information, but I am not sure about few things:
what exactly do you mean by pushing the end bars around (ie. which part do you mean, which direction should i push..)
The code on mine is "G"

Can you please guide a bit more on how to resolve this problem

Thanks for taking the time

Top Bottom