What's new

New Fatboy to go with my black n' red !

As I hinted in my other thread yesterday, here are some pics of the cased Fatboy I picked up. It's a 2nd quarter 1960 for those interested. No paint loss or plating loss that I can tell and the case lid cleaned up to near perfect except for the one crack and a few minor spots of crazing that aren't obvious.

So finally another one I wanted with a case out of the way. I won't have to use this one either as I have two more uncased ones that a more user grade.

Here's the before and after pics.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Man, you did a great job on that case. How long did that take you?

Beautiful. Curious, what did you use to clean up that case?

Thanks everyone!

Just used some soap and water first with an old toothbrush. Dried it up, then polished with Maas. Washed that off with more soap and water. Dried. Easy-peasy. It could use a little more in spots, but I only spent about 10 minutes on it.

Thanks everyone!

Just used some soap and water first with an old toothbrush. Dried it up, then polished with Maas. Washed that off with more soap and water. Dried. Easy-peasy. It could use a little more in spots, but I only spent about 10 minutes on it.
You polished the case with Mass ?

You polished the case with Mass ?

Yup. Done it for years without any ill effects. I just make sure to thoroughly wash any residue off with soap and water. Obviously be careful around any painted areas as it might take the paint off, but otherwise...

Top Bottom