What's new

New eyeglass frames needed ASAP!

You can most likely get those frame repaired. There are several places online that make repairs. I have had it done. I sent a pic of the break and they sent me a quote. I mailed them in and got them fixed.

Any, ANY suggestions would be extremely welcome! Thanks folks.
:
If you have the prescription and you like they way they work, get a pair through Zenni or some other online company. The price is right and you enter your own prescription. It'll take a couple of weeks for the glasses go get to you unless you pay for express shipping, but the price is right and the quality is better than the price would imply. You need to know your inter-pupil distance and be able to enter your prescription in their form. Look on Youtube, there are vids on how to measure your pupil distance and how to use their website. It's a good $40 stop-gap to get you through till you save up for a full exam & glasses which will likely run you $400. Basic CR39 lenses are fine unless you have a prescription over 2 diopters... then you'll need high index and the price goes up. They have similar frames.

Black Laze #158121 | Zenni Optical Eyeglasses - https://www.zennioptical.com/p/laze-eyeglasses/1581?skuId=158121

or try something a bit more "Teddy Roosevelt"

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
:
If you have the prescription and you like they way they work, get a pair through Zenni or some other online company. The price is right and you enter your own prescription. It'll take a couple of weeks for the glasses go get to you unless you pay for express shipping, but the price is right and the quality is better than the price would imply. You need to know your inter-pupil distance and be able to enter your prescription in their form. Look on Youtube, there are vids on how to measure your pupil distance and how to use their website. It's a good $40 stop-gap to get you through till you save up for a full exam & glasses which will likely run you $400. Basic CR39 lenses are fine unless you have a prescription over 2 diopters... then you'll need high index and the price goes up. They have similar frames.

Black Laze #158121 | Zenni Optical Eyeglasses - https://www.zennioptical.com/p/laze-eyeglasses/1581?skuId=158121

or try something a bit more "Teddy Roosevelt"
Good advise on Zenni! I use their glasses for several years now, before I bought a few from 39Dollareyeglasses as well. They are all well made and I have had not any issues with them.
I was just fed up with pricing in the optician stores.

You can only do that if you are getting an identical frame to replace the broken one (The brand and size are usually printed on one side of the frame). That would be the quickest solution. Otherwise, any eyeglass shop can reproduce the lenses you have even without a written prescription. The prescription numbers are printed right on your lenses...invisible to the naked eye but visible under certain circumstances.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have finally purchased new glasses! I ended up going to Sam's club. Bought a regular every day pair and a pair of sunglasses, and am very well pleased!

Top Bottom