What's new

New EJ 3ONE6

But w the teasing....if there are no production "issues" I bet you will see it and want it....., if you have been bitten by the razor bug

Yes ... maybe :). For now, I am sitting back and waiting for more reviews on performance, issues (if any), etc.

I just saw that this razor is now available on The English Shaving Company for GBP 75 (ex. VAT GBP 62.50). And then the link becomes invalid shortly.

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Stainless Steel Knurled DE Safety Razor

They removed the listing shortly after uploading it seems ...
The link is officially live again and if you take one step back, they will list all the different color options. One thing I found out from a member at another forum is if you keep it at GBP for your entire transaction, you will end up paying around $85 for the razor. If you convert GBP to USD on the web site, you will end up paying around $100. The conversion rate seems to be off.

The link is officially live again and if you take one step back, they will list all the different color options. One thing I found out from a member at another forum is if you keep it at GBP for your entire transaction, you will end up paying around $85 for the razor. If you convert GBP to USD on the web site, you will end up paying around $100. The conversion rate seems to be off.

Thanks for the heads up!

I will be watching it first and wait for more user reviews.

The few Youtube videos describe this razor as more aggressive/efficient than the DE89. Waiting for reviews and specs, especially what is the blade gap and is the blade forward, and if so how much.

Manufactured to order I hear so the first run will be limited by factory capacity; I would expect a Mk2 will follow after the initial feedback. Would not surprise me if they have gone for ~ 0.7 blade gap and neutral blade exposure.

I just saw that this razor is now available on The English Shaving Company for GBP 75 (ex. VAT GBP 62.50). And then the link becomes invalid shortly.

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Stainless Steel Knurled DE Safety Razor

They removed the listing shortly after uploading it seems ...

Seems like a ton of BS in their marketing material.

They call it 3one6, yet , more than half the material in the razor is aluminum.

They talk about forging, yet, the only pieces of forged metal are the top and bottom of the handle.

They talk about 316 first being forged in Sheffield, yet, the head is MIM, not forged and made with metal particles and adhesives, nothing to do whatsoever with a forged piece of strong metal.

What most people don't know is that MIM is a lot more porous than machining a part from a solid forged or extruded billet of stainless steel. There is no point advertising 316 SS if it's MIM because it doesn't have the same anti-corrosion qualities; that's why Feather coats their AS-D2. The head is NOT 316, it's 316 metal particles missed with adhesives and chemicals.

I can buy a machined (milled) 316 SS razor for nearly have the price of this, why would I pay double for a razor made of inferior materials and pieced together processes? Just to get the Edwin Jagger name?

Seems like a ton of BS in their marketing material.

They call it 3one6, yet , more than half the material in the razor is aluminum.

They talk about forging, yet, the only pieces of forged metal are the top and bottom of the handle.

They talk about 316 first being forged in Sheffield, yet, the head is MIM, not forged and made with metal particles and adhesives, nothing to do whatsoever with a forged piece of strong metal.

What most people don't know is that MIM is a lot more porous than machining a part from a solid forged or extruded billet of stainless steel. There is no point advertising 316 SS if it's MIM because it doesn't have the same anti-corrosion qualities; that's why Feather coats their AS-D2. The head is NOT 316, it's 316 metal particles missed with adhesives and chemicals.

I can buy a machined (milled) 316 SS razor for nearly have the price of this, why would I pay double for a razor made of inferior materials and pieced together processes? Just to get the Edwin Jagger name?

I had the same thought and was going to post similar but a little googling tells you that calling this razor 3one6 is reasonable.

There is a full 316 SS version available. The anodised versions are clearly labelled as being aluminium inserts with SS caps.

Regarding MPT used in the head, 316 is able to be used. The matrix is first cast, them the substrate is removed and then the moulding is
pressure fired to form a dense homogenous item.

Its not mickey mouse engineering. Its seriously high tech stuff and i am highly impressed tbh. This isnt "Pot Metal". (Not that Zamac isnt a valid engineering material either).

The PR is typically greasy, but its legit imho.

I would love one of these. The blue looks stunning.

Once upon a time, I told the same things about the feather as-d2, that it is not fully stainless metal and it is coated, I nearly got crucified.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I had the same thought and was going to post similar but a little googling tells you that calling this razor 3one6 is reasonable.

There is a full 316 SS version available. The anodised versions are clearly labelled as being aluminium inserts with SS caps.

Regarding MPT used in the head, 316 is able to be used. The matrix is first cast, them the substrate is removed and then the moulding is
pressure fired to form a dense homogenous item.

Its not mickey mouse engineering. Its seriously high tech stuff and i am highly impressed tbh. This isnt "Pot Metal". (Not that Zamac isnt a valid engineering material either).

The PR is typically greasy, but its legit imho.

I would love one of these. The blue looks stunning.

Yup. People forget that powder formed materials are what's used to machine forged steels. Just because a component starts life as powder, doesn't mean it's going to revert back that way anytime soon. I've worked with some very ductile castings in the past, which have had ductility on a par with forged materials of the same section. They can do lots of clever stuff with materials these days.

Top Bottom