What's new

New Edge creams (in tubes)

They are Finally available in Canada ; 3 versions : deep hydrating, revitalizing, and deep cleaning ; I bought the 1st one

Ingredients :

Water, Palmitic Acid, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Myristyl Myristate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Dimethicone, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Synthetic Beeswax, Panthenol, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sea Whip Extract, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide

As you can see, it'S loaded with emollients ; this is a brushless cream, non-foaming ; it provides a thin layer, which looks weird first, especially if you are used to thick lathers ; however, it's really lubricating and provides good cushion ; my first passes weren't memorable, because I had to adjust my technique (due to a thinner layer) but once corrected, the shave was great.
I have to shave with it a few more times before giving a final review ; 9/10 (not definitive)

rafikz said:
They are Finally available in Canada ; 3 versions : deep hydrating, revitalizing, and deep cleaning ; I bought the 1st one...

I can't help but to be a little apprehensive about this cream for the following reasons: (1) I found the edge gels (in the cans) to be amongst the worst products I've ever experienced and (2) I have never enjoyed any brushless cream as I find it tends to clog up my razors. However, it is interesting to note that a "big" producer has taken notice of the we-don't-want-to-use-your-cans-of-crap movement and have produced something new (and possibly better)... Perhaps I'll have to give it a try sometime.

NMMB , this cream is not too clogging
It performs better and smells better than Edge and Gillette gels

The only thing to remember is not pressing too hard (because of the thin layer)

Top Bottom