What's new

New DSCosmetics Brush

IMG-20210326-WA0000.jpeg

This little beauty arrived in the post today, DSCosmetic manchurian :)
My first experience with either the brand or the grade of badger so quite excited to put it to first use when I've given it the customary de-funk routine...

So Friday was spent de-funking. Soaked for about 10 mins standing in mug of warm water then using a dollop of cheap shave cream attempted to make a lather. I say attempted because the first effort yielded nothing but brown slightly foamy water - yuck!

Rinsed and repeated and second time around got a decent enough lather that I could work into the bristles and let sit overnight.

Rinsed it out Saturday morning and was gratified to find that there was very little Eau De Soggy Badger to speak of.

Put it in a stand to dry out for 24 hours before first use today.

For todays shave I choose to lather it up using HSSC Green Door and I have to say it performed admirably for a first outing. In the past I have sometimes had to use badger brushes a few times before they start to make decent lather but not this time.

Soaked for 10 mins while I showered, shook out excess water and started loading.

It's much more densely packed than my existing badgers but had no problems at all loading enough soap in about 15 secs to make enough for 3 passes and there was enough water in the brush that I only really had to dip the tips once to properly hydrate the lather ready for use.

Nice face feel and plenty of backbone, more than my existing badgers, ever so slightly scritchy feeling compared to my regular silvertip. I was a bit worried that the handle might be a bit dificult to hold but my fears turned out to be unfounded and it was comfortable and grippy.

When I came to rinse it out it turns out I had enough lather for 4 or 5 passes stored in the brush! From first rinse to end of todays routine it has lost 1 bristle.

Overall I'm delighted and for the price I doubt better could be found, highly recommend to anyone who's looking for a good brush without breaking the bank.

Delivery took precisely 14 days to the UK through AliExpress and the transaction was effortless.

How is it getting a handle on that, considering it's only 46mm for the grip? I've always liked the look of those types of handles, but have struggled to enjoy handles that are shorter than 50mm in length. Personal preference, obviously, but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

How is it getting a handle on that, considering it's only 46mm for the grip? I've always liked the look of those types of handles, but have struggled to enjoy handles that are shorter than 50mm in length. Personal preference, obviously, but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Used it again this morning with your question in mind and have to say it feels fine in my hand.
I don't have particular big hands so don't know how it would be for someone who does.
Of all the brushes I have the only one that does have a big handle is an Omega boar and tbh I find I prefer the smaller ones.

Top Bottom