What's new

New dryer

The dryer that was in the house when we bought it seventeen years ago gave up this spring.

All summer we just put clothes on the line.

Got a new dryer delivered Friday. Looks great. All the modern features.

I did two loads of laundry today. Hung them both on the line.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, all.

Clothes smell great when hung on a line to dry. Unfortunately, that also means the weather has to cooperate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wish we could hang clothes etc on a line, love the scent myself but the wife has allergies and won't tolerate it.

Good luck with the new dryer.

Chris

It's going to rain here in California in a month or so, we'll have to start hanging the laundry on a rack in the garage instead of a line in the backyard until February or so.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's going to rain here in California in a month or so, we'll have to start hanging the laundry on a rack in the garage instead of a line in the backyard until February or so.
We're still able to hang up our clothes outside here in Michigan. Not much longer though. Luckily we heat with wood, so we put em on racks and as they dry I think they help add some humidity to the air.

My mom in law said when she lived in Colorado she could hang clothes outside in the winter. She said it was so dry there that the clothes would dry but freeze, and you could stand the pants against the wall!

FarmerTan

One nice thing about social media is this: a couple months ago our dryer died. My wife mentioned it online and a friend of mine brought me a used Whirlpool on his trailer, wheeled it in and now it works better than the one it replaced had for the last ten years. Plus, I looked on YouTube and it's easy to work on, and the OEM parts are cheap!

I'm getting tired of fixing my frontload washer, but at least I can.

Talking about modern features... We decided to go ventless for our new house. No more exhausting heated air during winter. Ventless dryer works great.

FarmerTan

Talking about modern features... We decided to go ventless for our new house. No more exhausting heated air during winter. Ventless dryer works great.
I just told my wife that if we ever build a house I would put in some way to divert the warm humid air into the house in the winter, as we heat with wood.

I just told my wife that if we ever build a house I would put in some way to divert the warm humid air into the house in the winter, as we heat with wood.

The problem is lint, and with lint is fire hazard.We had our vent pipe break down without our knowledge. It has pretty much packed the space behind the drier with lint. If we'd had a spark, it would have caught.

FarmerTan

The problem is lint, and with lint is fire hazard.We had our vent pipe break down without our knowledge. It has pretty much packed the space behind the drier with lint. If we'd had a spark, it would have caught.
Yeah, we had a friend who's house burned down due to a lint fire. Complete loss, but everyone got out safely.

Top Bottom